Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think it's okay to have no life purpose or goals?
(09-25-2021, 10:21 AM)soulfulriver Wrote: Hi Guys,

Do you think it's okay to have no life purpose or goals?

I just want to earn some money to pay for my needs and bills. I'm not really interested in building a career.

There's more to life than work. The emphasis on careers is what is because money does play a big role in quality of life and contrary to popular belief, money does lead to happiness...to an extent. Likewise, if I made $100,000 per year, that might sound nice but if I hate every minute of working, then what is really different than if I were making $7.25 an hour flipping burgers in terms of happiness.

I think one of the misnomers about careers is that it needs to be something you're passionate about. I think that can be helpful but I also think there has got to be something you get out of it than just money. Maybe it is the feeling some people get from helping others. Some people it might be solving a complex problem that others struggle with. Little things like that. Some folks are perfectly fine with sweeping floors, coming in, doing their thing and go home.

So life, doesn't need to be solely focused around work, a career, or money. They are important, yes, but they don't by themselves bring you happiness or meaning.

(09-25-2021, 10:21 AM)soulfulriver Wrote: I have interest in learning musical instruments like guitar. I just want to spend my free time learning how to play my favourite songs on the guitar. I guess this is one of the life goals that I have.

Do you think it's okay to have no career goals or big goals like building start-up, business etc. in life?

Thank you.

Perhaps you have answered your own question as to what it is you want to do. Now, can playing the guitar become a career, well maybe...maybe not. Doing things, whether it is learning to play the guitar, or maybe another hobby like fishkeeping or gardening are things that bring meaning to one's existence. What you do with your hobbies, interests, gifts is up to you. A lot of famous people's stories start with humble beginnings. No matter what it is you decide to do in terms of hobbies, work, a career all take effort, hard work and time, with few exceptions. So perhaps you become proficient with the guitar, perhaps people will pay you to watch you play it one day.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • soulfulriver

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you think it's okay to have no life purpose or goals? - by InbetweenDreams - 09-25-2021, 03:43 PM