Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dave Chappell "Cancelation" Controversy.
In our own best interest as a culture, it doesn't need to be complex nor scrutinized once the essential effect is truly realized. An informed decision is clear.

"The self-proclaimed “GOAT” (greatest of all time) of stand-up delivers five or six lucid moments of brilliance, surrounded by a joyless tirade of incoherent and seething rage, misogyny, homophobia and transphobia." NYT example

Dig your own hole Chapelle supporters. Try deflecting to white people as the target. Try whatever you like to mitigate the damage already clearly engaged.

"In his new Netflix special, Dave Chappelle attempts to curb criticism of his tone-deaf jokes about transgender people by pointing out a through-line from his decades in comedy: “Any of you who have ever watched me know that I have never had a problem with transgender people,” he says. “If you listen to what I’m saying, clearly, my problem has always been with White people.”

That line encapsulates the controversy around Chappelle and “The Closer,” which has reignited fury over the comedian’s material about transgender women and other LGBTQ people. It has also resurfaced debate about whether stand-up comics should be limited at all in their material. Chappelle’s focus on race alone — while overlooking the experiences of Black trans women and the disproportionate rates of violence they face — has been a particular sticking point." Wash Post example

This is NOT new in comedy and I support free speech and resulting consequences.

Is there a need for any shame whatsoever? I implore a resounding YES! Sometimes you have to take a stand in support of informed decision making. Stop the incitement just because your intellectual boredom is not otherwise entertained. Ugh.
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dave Chappell "Cancelation" Controversy. - by ChadCoxRox - 10-16-2021, 05:05 PM