Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Situation in Ukraine (and How to Help)
(03-12-2022, 10:20 AM)Tjemka88 Wrote: People in Russia have been totally brainwashed because their media only show them what Putin wants them to see. They don't get to see what's actually happening in Ukraine. We have such people in Latvia too, who claim to know history, saying that Ukraine deserves it and it's Ukraine's fault. As if any history could justify war.

They absolutely have. I looked at RT on YouTube and all I can say is they're desperate to justify their attack on Ukraine. I would have to be hit in the head several times with a sledgehammer to believe the bullshit on their news media. Unfortunately China's state run media is echoing the same...

I do feel that is a problem. That might be Putin's only hope that China will come to the rescue if Russia decides to attack a NATO member. I don't know much about China's political interests and what the likelihood that they would get involved should this conflict spread into NATO or something else. They have been pretty quiet on the international stage but their state media says it all in my opinion.

(03-12-2022, 10:20 AM)Tjemka88 Wrote: No, I don't think Putin would use nuclear weapons. Based on how bad the equipment of his army is, so old and often non-functional, I wouldn't be surprised if the nuclear weapons are in the same state. Putin has severely miscalculated on this war, Ukrainians have turned out much tougher than he or the rest of the world thought.

We Latvians are slightly worried, as Putin has gathered part of his army at the west border, which is the border of the Baltic states. But at the same time, we understand he cannot even conquer Ukraine which he was sure he could do in a few days, so, therefore, has no resources or the wish to fight NATO. He already has massive losses both militarily and financially. He's also terrified of NATO, as he knows Russia alone cannot stand against 28 other countries.

That is concerning in itself too. I don't think Russia can afford a years long conflict with Ukraine. However, let's hope that with pressure from the US and NATO that isn't the case. I feel that it is pointless for us to sit back in our recliners and watch Putin slaughter innocent people for no fucking reason. This cannot be allowed to continue.

All I can say is if Russia were to attack Latvia or any other NATO member Putin would be making a huge miscalculation to say the least. He would be fucking stupid to so much as throw a rock over the border.

From my observations support for Ukraine in the US is very much bipartisan. Calling on Biden to do more and we need to do more. To quote Bill Gates, we need to "cut off their oxygen supply."

Listening to a retired Air Force meteorologist I think weather conditions over Ukraine over the couple of months will only make it worse for Russia to advance as much of ground is frozen, which will turn to mud...which has been a big problem and I can only hope that the Ukrainians can only further exploit this and if not destroy their tanks that they desert them and can then use them against the Russians.

Well again this stuff makes my blood boil. My typical disdain for Putin has turned into vile and utter hatred for the man.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • Tjemka88

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Situation in Ukraine (and How to Help) - by InbetweenDreams - 03-12-2022, 02:46 PM