Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself?
At first blush it sounds like he is trying to find out if you're gay, but by joking he's giving himself plausible deniability about his own sexuality. I don't know many guys that wear concealer, gay or straight, but maybe that is a regional thing so I'll leave that be. My own gut tells me he is gay and is trying to find out whether you are gay too, but is afraid to come right out and ask you (but I wouldn't act on just gut feelings or hunches alone).

Many gay guys have (or have had) girlfriends, even make out with them. It is possible you are reading more into his friendships with these girls than is actually there.

One question that I have about this situation is the ages involved. Are you a teen still in school or an adult? There are more risks involved the younger you are and if I were still a teen, I would just let things unfold in due time (frustrating I know, but you imply you've got something to lose if your hunch about him is wrong) Don't try to coax an answer any more than you may have already. If he is gay, then it sounds like you won't have to wait too long before he confirms it for you, so why take any unnecessary risks?

If you're an adult, then next time you catch him in a serious mood ask subtle questions (web sites he goes to, movies he has seen, politics or religious issues, etc......something that straight guys aren't going to be well versed on). Most straight guys are insecure about their sexuality when it comes to all things gay, and there is a limit to how campy or faux gay they will go. If he still insist on making everything a joke or being too coy for words, then put him (and your desires) on the back burner. If he is gay, he'll likely still be gay in a week, or a month or however long it takes for the truth to come out.

Beacuase you imply there is some risk, weigh whether it's worth forcing the issue or not. Also try to remember, he isn't the only cute guy, and there are plenty around that are less mysterious and easier to get to know, so maybe your advancements and come ons might be better spent on them.

Messages In This Thread
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself? - by Ryhunt86 - 09-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself? - by posterpicture - 10-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself? - by SlipknotRlZZ - 10-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself? - by JtheYoungBear - 10-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Is he subtly hinting or is he just comfortable with himself? - by Rychard the Lionheart - 10-02-2010, 12:37 AM