Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im a disapontment and a burden
I agree with Mikey, Fenris and Marshlander.

Not only could I not imagine what you are going through, I find it hard to imagine what your mum is going through.

You are in no way a burden, you just have some problems that you have to work through, and so does your mum. There is no delicate way of putting this, but I would imagine your mother is going through a grieving process...Your mother gave birth to a daughter and raised you as her daughter, so in a sense your mother is morning the loss of a daughter. Ontop of all that she is trying her darndest to be the best mother she can, but she just doesn't understand what you are going through, and perhaps she feels like she is letting you down because she doesn't have the answers.

Keep the lines of communication open with your mother, perhaps get some leaflets on transgender from a local GLBT centre or sexual health clinic, Introduce her to the idea of PFLAG because she may need to identify with someone in her position so she doesn't feel alone.

Most importantly, STAY STRONG, somethings just take time to work themselves out. You are who you are, and regardless of gender, IT IS OK TO CRY AND GET EMOTIONAL, yes, even adult men do Smile

Take care of yourself

Messages In This Thread
im a disapontment and a burden - by ZombieSlayer - 08-16-2011, 11:21 AM
im a disapontment and a burden - by Mikey1 - 08-16-2011, 12:06 PM
im a disapontment and a burden - by fenris - 08-16-2011, 12:17 PM
im a disapontment and a burden - by marshlander - 08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
im a disapontment and a burden - by dfiant - 08-16-2011, 07:13 PM
im a disapontment and a burden - by matty7 - 08-16-2011, 07:40 PM
im a disapontment and a burden - by princealbertofb - 08-17-2011, 11:03 AM