Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleepless in Los Angeles
I have the same problem with regard to studying all through school and expecting life to start when I finally get a job. I'm looking at your situation like I would look at someone in the job market. You're sending in resumes, staying in the potential employer's consciousness, and doing all the right things to get hired. Why haven't you been hired? You just haven't hit the right employer yet, who truly values your unique skill set and personality. Nobody gets every job they apply for, but the people who are the most persistent are often the most gainfully employed. Sorry for the metaphor, but I think what it boils down to is that you just haven't been going at this whole dating scene/relationship long enough. You have all the tools, but the right opportunity hasn't presented itself yet. I know it seems like some likely hits haven't happened. Back to my metaphor, I'm currently in the job market. I have applied for many jobs, a few of which I felt I would be perfect for. I worked my ass off to impress them, and three times so far I have been runner up for jobs I really wanted. It takes a lot of positive self talk for me to say "ok, it just wasn't as good a fit as I thought it was. I still did better than the 80+ other people who also applied and didn't get as far as I did, and I'll do better at the next one." As long as I work hard and remain persistent, something will have to pay off someday. I think you should look at your dating record like this. You've got the asking-people-out thing down, and you have no problem getting guys into bed (which I imagine is more awkward), so you have two legs up on my skills already Smile Take your own advice, slow down, and be confident that your efforts will pay off eventually.

Messages In This Thread
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by KurtDaFlirt - 09-16-2011, 07:13 AM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by marshlander - 09-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by SleepTalker - 09-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by musicman2229 - 09-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by pellaz - 09-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by Angelesgymrat - 09-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Sleepless in Los Angeles - by KurtDaFlirt - 10-17-2011, 08:44 AM