Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
I was born Catholic. I live in a small community with about 20 different churches covering all forms of christianity. I'm no longer catholic, I believe what I believe and that's good enough. The "Church" are my neighbours, family members, friends, and co-workers.

I don't see the Church as an "Enemy". The same thing that gives me the right to say that I'm no longer catholic is the same thing that gives them the right to say they are. What does attacking them earn anyone? Why can't we promote LGBT rights without going to war with the "church". I know it seems cliche but why not rise above it? Prove we're not what they think we are, and prove we aren't going away no matter how many stones they throw.

Look it's easy to say x=right y=wrong, but you're falling into the same behaviour that Christianity is in. The bible says everything is black and white, right and wrong, and our existence, our lifestyle says that life's just one big shade of gray. So by fighting them on it we prove them correct. Everything is black and white. Standing inspite of them, not losing resolve or spirit proves otherwise. We as a community need to understand we have nothing to prove to them or anyone, even ourselves. It'll proves we're past right and wrong good and evil and just are. Not even god him/herself can stand in the way of that.

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Thibideau - 11-30-2011, 02:04 AM