Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
East Wrote:I think people who dismiss all of religion because "the fan club" has run amok are sorely missing out on a very rich experience. And I'm not accusing you, East, of throwing the baby out with the bath water, but let's be honest, it's the same as hating all Americans just because George Bush manipulated his office and other branches of the government for his own selfish gratification. Does that make the Constitution and Bill of Rights a big sham?

Religions that practice kindness and love and do not use fear and shame to control people are fine with me. Individual Churches (such as Glide in SF) who practice love and kindness are also fine with me.

My personal relationship with God is rewarding and brings me comfort already...I do not wish to hear anyone quote the Bible. I do not like that book at all so the rewards would be lost on me. I reject the Bible as a bunch of crap written by men with egos...I have read it so I know what I am rejecting. Having someone try to "explain" the truth to me is pure insanity because even as strong as my own belief is I still know it is MY truth..not THE truth.

Ok, OK!

Shit.

I think I've been DECIDEDLY NON PREACHY!

Cool

Just trying to share my experience as a gay (or whatever) Catholic. There is room enough in my world.

Dinnertime, CIAO!

Spiny

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by LateBloomer - 11-30-2011, 02:06 AM