Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
Rainbowmum Wrote:This one really made me think, and for that I thank you Wes.
Since resigning from modern Christendom and embracing my Pagan heritage, I have tried to follow the Rede.

"Harm ye none do as ye will ."

To me, taking away someone faith is a pretty big deal, there are so many people out there who have nothing left but their faith.

Although I have questioned the leaders of the RCC .

Who gave them the right to choose who receives Gods blessings and who does not; who gave them the right to take away free will a gift that was given to mankind?

I must also question my self.

Who am I to condemn the hope of many? (warts and all)

There are so many good people in RCC , that have been brain washed in believing mans word over Gods word.
I believe these people will be forgiven , and will eventually wake up to the hypocrisies of the church.

Yes there are pedophiles in the church , yes the church has too many flaws to mention.

But if we Demonize it ; are we not doing the same to them as they have done to us?

As a Pagan I know only too well , how it feels when people get confused and call us Satanists (thanks to Hollywood tarnishing the image of the pentagram)

On personal level I will not sink to their level of debauchery and judgement.

That's my two cents.

This is a great point, but I think that we can't lose sight of the political aspect. The church involves itself politically, not just in word. Demonization is part of political destruction and I think we can't sit back and do nothing in response to a political enemy such as the rcc has made istself. If the church were content to bad talk us I would hate them but I wouldn't feel the urge to destroy them politically along with the LDS. They are the ones who began a political war by getting political with our rights. We should end it.:mad:

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by nullnaught - 11-30-2011, 02:30 AM