Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
WesHollywood Wrote:I do not know, but would like to know if this story about Benny 16 is true or not. I picked it up in conversation without verification.

Apparently, when they were voting to see who would replace Pope John Paul, Benny 16 held the gavel. He nominated himself because he believed he could do the job best. This from a Pope who was in the Hitler youth?

I think it is a safe bet that Benny 16's involvement with Hitler youth does not affect his decision making today, huh? Vogel

Does anyone know if this is true. I have no idea.

That is not how it works, the system that is used to elect popes does not give one man the power to elect himself as pope. Through the centuries that has lead to longish periods without a standing pope, and lead to locking the cardinals in a room until they vote on a person. It is a 'true' election in that each cardinal votes, the votes are 'open' to the cardinals, there is no real way hanky-panky can take place unless they all conspire to elect a particular person.

I'm sure that Pope Benedict is swayed by the propaganda of his early youth, much as you are swayed by the propaganda of yours.

The difference is that he has lived an additional 70 years of life since then.

Understand that his cousin, a victim of down's syndrome was hauled off by the Nazis and 'cleansed' from the genetic pool (Aktion T4 campaign of Nazi eugenics) . Both were age 14. On top of this you can bet there was much pressure put on his family due to his father being an officer (police) of the community. This was forced indoctrination forced most likely by the threat of death.

You have been blessed to live in a place and an age where people are not picked up in the middle of the night and hauled off to a death camp. You are also blessed to not be forced to join service at the threat of death to your mother, father and your siblings.

Considering he deserted the military he was drafted into it is clear he did not believe in the Nazi war.

He is a man who lived through one of the darkest times of human history. He has spent the rest of his life 'atoning' for those 'sins' real and perceived. If you read his collective works you get a better idea of the man. He is a man of faith - perhaps misplaced faith in some areas, but he has strong faith and has done his best to be of service to Humanity and The Church and God

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 11-30-2011, 03:01 AM