Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:You are a violent thing aren't you?

The Catholic Church hasn't burnt people at the stake since the early 1800's. It's stance on torture and violence has changed drastically for the past 200 years, It frowns upon gay bashing (violence) and other forms of violence.

Its stance on homosexuality is that its not bad to be gay, it is a sin to act on those urges. The Pope and Cardinals would staunchly tell you that beating up a person who is gay is wrong. That burning a gay is wrong - worse of a sin than homosexuality itself.

It seems to me you mistake Fred Phelps, Ted Haggard and Christian fundamentalists for Catholics. You are, sir, barking up the wrong tree.

You (and Wes too) have shown a bit of ignorance on the stance of the Church and other Denominations.

Again, and again and again, the Catholic church is being swayed in our favor. Its a slow process that is best won through gentle persuasion not through violence.

There is no need to destroy it.

Yes, I suppose having been brought up in a Catholic household, the bloodthistyness of my childhood has never quite worn off. The further I get from the church, the less violent I am, funny thing.
There is a need to destroy the RCC, and that would come from the vote on prop. 8 wich the catholic church influenced from the pulpit (Wes has hard numbers on that. I think that is important. We are not making claims about the church, as far as their anti-gay political influence, that we can't back up with facts.). As long as the church is still influencing anti-gay votes, they are an enemy that needs destroying.

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by nullnaught - 12-01-2011, 08:04 AM