Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
Yeah the good old days. :biggrin:

While the kids today are crying because they can't marry, we did in fact fight to stay free.

Maybe that is why I am so 'blah' about the gay marriage thing. We had it harder, had to fight to keep our jobs and stay out of jail and walked 20 miles uphill both ways to school in snow over our heads..... :tongue:

The way I see it Gay Marriage in the future will happen - its not a matter of 'IF' anymore, just a simple matter of When....

Rainbowmum Wrote:Wes ,
You are a great kid, you really are.

Now you may think that the only way to fight a war is by acting like your enemy, but that is not true , you can win one battle at a time, and you do not have to lose your dignity or lower yourself to the underhanded ignorant tactics of your enemy.

I stood shoulder to shoulder, and arm in arm with both my GLBT friends and straight friends as we marched together for decriminalizing being gay.

We all knew the risks , we read the papers and watched and listened to the media, as they where reporting that Archbishops and Cardinals were threatening us with excommunication,some employers were threatening our jobs, and as we marched arm in arm, losing our religion and the respect of many, we kept in mind all the gay bashing's some resulting in death, that the police did nothing about.

Back then it was not about marriage rights , it was about human rights.
I hope you can understand the severity of the situation that we had here.

No ! I am not after your sympathy ,nor do I expect a thank you, we did what we had to do and I for one do not regret any of it.

I hope when you reach my age of 47 ,you can hold your head high and have no regrets.

Perhaps to you, what we achieved peacefully in 1984 after years of marching, may not mean much, but to us it was a victory, and as we stood there at the end of the battle, we knew that we were a part of history.

We won that war , without blood shed , without loss of dignity and most importantly with out resorting to the low tactics of our enemy.

Did the church welcome us back to the fold after the dust settled?
Of course it did.
Would it have welcomed us back if we had of acted in violence and with force?
Probably not .

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-01-2011, 09:09 AM