Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT?
pellaz Wrote:YOU ARE WRONG, the Catholic population world wide is declining. Its a failed religion. Despite their presence in growing 3rd world populations the numbers world wide have significantly decreased. There are faith based systems on the rise, Catholics are not one of them.

linky / reference:
Some countries with a historically large Christian population have experienced a significant decline in the numbers of professed active Christians: see demographics of atheism. Symptoms of the decline in active participation in Christian religious life include declining recruitment for the priesthood and monastic life, as well as diminishing attendance at church. On the other hand, since the 19th century, large areas of sub-saharan Africa have been converted to Christianity, and this area of the world has the highest population growth rate.

Well, there are 1 billion Catholics worldwide.

And yes, they are shrinking in North America and Western Europe. But they are growing in Africa.

Is the net result growing or shrinking? Honestly I don't know. You seem to suggest it's shrinking. It could be, I won't dispute that, and frankly it doesn't really matter to me.

The Church has a 2000 year history with a direct lineage from Pope Benedict all the way to St. Peter (the first pope) who was crucified upside down in Rome where the Vatican now stands.

That's historical fact. Nothing faith based. The Church is a FACT of life and history. We can try to wish it away if we like, but for good or bad (and there have been both) the Church has been there since Christ told Peter, "I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell will not overcome it."

Smile

Messages In This Thread
Is it wrong to demonize "Rosary Rattlers" as they are sworn enemies of GLBT? - by LateBloomer - 12-01-2011, 07:31 PM