Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts?
My 47 year old mentor told me that before AIDS you made regular runs to the clinic, got a shot, and forgot about STDs. I think we would all like to see those days return.

Not a bad idea really but it never occurred to me because when i was 20 I got a letter from the clinic that told me I had been exposed to syphilis. The thing was...when someone got a venereal disease and got treated for it in the 1970s they were required to list their sexual partners and it was all anonymous so I tried to figure out who entered my name but I couldn't because I had a few too many guys to pick from:biggrin:

What happened was you went in and they gave you a test and you couldnt' get the results for a few weeks so they made you watch a half hour long movie that showed the dangers of syphilis which included really GROSS pictures and they showed you this long ass scary needle that would have to go up your spine and was really painful if you did in fact have syphilis and not get immediate treatment.

Well...up to that day I could never swallow pills...I had to mash them up even when taking an aspirin so I was shocked to see a group of 12 or 13 horse sized pills that were to be my treatment "just in case" I had syphilis. I looked at the pills and then I thought about the needle...back and forth...but I was too embarrassed to tell the doctor I couldn't swallow pills so I just did what I do when I am really scared...I Said "FUCK IT" and I took a deep breath and swallowed ALL OF THEM at once!

I got a letter in the mail some weeks later...the tests showed did not have syphilis or any other venereal disease. I wondered at the time if someone was mad at you or didn;'t like you...would they turn in your name just to be an ass? I will never know.

Messages In This Thread
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts? - by East - 12-10-2011, 07:39 PM