Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts?
East Wrote:My 47 year old mentor told me that before AIDS you made regular runs to the clinic, got a shot, and forgot about STDs. I think we would all like to see those days return.

Not a bad idea really but it never occurred to me because when i was 20 I got a letter from the clinic that told me I had been exposed to syphilis. (truncated for length).

And there are still of the old STD's that are incurable even today:

Hepatitis B, genital herpes, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)...

There are over 25 different STDs, some can be treated with a mere shot, others require intensive treatments, repeat visits back to doctors and often with mixed results in the Pre-HIV days.

Chlamydia reared its ugly head in the 1970's - more often than not people do nothave symptoms and spread it willy-nilly

Quote:Chlamydia, one of the most rapidly increasing STDs, affecting up to 40 percent of the population in some locations in USA, causes sterility in 25 percent of cases with its first infection, 50 percent with the second infection and 75 percent with the third infection. Over 75 percent of both men and women had no symptoms of Chlamydia infection but could readily pass it on to others);

- At least 30 percent of single sexually active Americans have been infected with Herpes (caused by Herpes Simplex II virus), and can pass it on to their partners.

- About 40 percent of single sexually active Americans have been infected with HPV, the human papilloma virus, which causes venereal warts, pre-cancerous changes and cancer to the vulva, vagina and cervix, and cancer of the penis in men (this is the most common STD with more than 90 percent of abnormal pap smears caused by the virus).

Neither of which are curable.....

Other interesting 1970's sexual diseases are found here: http://fathersforlife.org/dale/aids2.html

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/epid-std.html

Saying one can just get a shot and forget about it is a terrible understatement.

Someone's Mentor either has a faulty memory about the 'good old days' or is purposefully feeding them a line of B.S.

Messages In This Thread
How come no one seems to last at GaySpeak.com for more tan a few hundred posts? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-10-2011, 08:06 PM