Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime?
I work in an industry that serves the oil and gas industry. Does anyone really believe we want the world to turn to another source of energy, thereby, causing huge numbers of people to lose good paying jobs and benefits? Of course, we don't.
I believe this is the way pharmaceutical companies view HIV and other diseases. If the United States had the same fervor we did concerning the Apollo Project, WWs I and II, and many other such things, I believe HIV would be a thing of the past; cancer too. There is a tremendous amount of money available to fight these diseases and that is part of the problem.
When asked about a patent for the polio vaccine, Jonas Saulk replied, "There is no patent. Could you patent the sun?" Well, in today's world, there is probably someone, somewhere, trying to do just that. I'm afraid the Jonas Saulks of the world are long gone. Now, it is about money and a lot of it. I'm in no way implying that the pharmaceutical companies wish anyone any harm, it's just business.
I believe the same can be said for cancer. I don't expect cures for these diseases anytime soon. My mother has lung cancer and when I take her for treatment, I'm amazed at the number of people at the clinic and this is only one clinic. Consider clinics all over the U.S. and think about how much money that amounts too. It would be an in inconceivable amount of money.
I know there are many that will disagree with me on this, and that's fine. Time will tell.

Messages In This Thread
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by WesHollywood - 12-10-2011, 02:58 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by WesHollywood - 12-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by WesHollywood - 12-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by WesHollywood - 12-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by OrphanPip - 12-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-11-2011, 01:58 PM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by jeffrey - 12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by OrphanPip - 12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Will there be a permanent cure for AIDS in our lifetime? - by OrphanPip - 12-11-2011, 10:28 PM