Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas gifts
My Partner and I settled the gift thing years and years and years ago.

I hate - no that is not strong enough of a word, I absolutely, positively loathe, disgust, detest, despise and HATEshopping. Shopping centres and malls and stores were invented just to piss me off, just to be the one place on earth that makes hell in all of its fury sound like a nice place to spend eternity compared to shopping which I can't stand to do for one minute. I would rather go deep diving and all day swimming in a pool of acid than shop. Do you get the idea how much I hate to shop?

Yes I am gay - I am atypically gay - I don't do the shopping thing. Ever.

To make it all simple we sat down and discussed it. I told him that I want to make this as painless as possible. For Christmas he has until Halloween to tell me what he wants for Christmas. The rest of the gifts he can wait until about 2 weeks before the event to decide what he wants. Christmas Shopping is verboten. I do not go near stores after Thanksgiving.

Not even the grocers this year. Last year I nearly ripped off a woman's head and handed it back to her after she ran her cart into my bad leg - twice. Hello - Man here on a cane - he's crippled enough he doesn't need your fat ass pushing your cart over him....

In turn I tell him exactly what I want for ______________ (fill in the holiday/event). There have been years when I have taken him to Lowe's, Sears, or Home Depot and picked up the tool that I wanted and said 'This is what I want for my birthday'.

He has done the same to me, taken me to J.C. Penny and showed me that clothing items he wanted, taken me to Jared to show me what items of Jewelry he wanted.

Well when it comes to Jewelry there are items he wants then they are items that does not require me robbing a few banks in order to get him a gift. Wink

No confusion, no fuss, no angst, no resentment - we both know exactly what we are getting as a gift.

Trust me, there is enough stress trying to figure out what to get the rest of the family members each year for holidays, anniversaries - many of them do not want to play fair, they want us to 'guess' or play charades or figure out their clues as if we are playing some sort of 'Guess the Mystery Gift' game.

A couple should be able to tell each other just about anything and should have enough communication between them to know what their partner wants for the next gift - because their partner said 'This is what I want'.

Messages In This Thread
Christmas gifts - by Ricky - 12-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Christmas gifts - by dfiant - 12-23-2011, 02:21 AM
Christmas gifts - by East - 12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Christmas gifts - by Rainbowmum - 12-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Christmas gifts - by Ricky - 12-23-2011, 02:56 AM
Christmas gifts - by Ricky - 12-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Christmas gifts - by pellaz - 12-23-2011, 04:21 AM
Christmas gifts - by Bowyn Aerrow - 12-23-2011, 05:07 AM
Christmas gifts - by Pix - 12-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Christmas gifts - by Ricky - 12-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Christmas gifts - by Person66 - 12-28-2011, 03:42 AM