Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1
01. When was the last time you tried something new?

Two weeks ago I think. I changed my running route after I completed my surgery. I ditched my old route because I wanted to forget a small part of bitter memories (Few guys that tarnished my name). I wanted to start fresh. But come to think of it ... it does seem like I am also avoiding and admitting my defeat. Oh, crap. I didn't think of that before.

02. Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

Man ... I'm embarrassed to answer this question because it kicks back on my face with harsh truth. I used to compare myself with people around me because I saw myself less than perfect. Why can't I look as slender as him? Why can't I be like this and that? It can be dangerous to compare yourself to others because it can eat you alive. I have overcome this problem. I am thankful for that.

03. What’s the most sensible thing you’ve ever heard someone say?

There are many. But one that I always hold onto is from Socrates. Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food.

04. What gets you excited about life?

To know what I am capable of and to know that there are millions of doors of opportunity waiting for me to discover them. I'm also curious to know who will end up being my first boyfriend and who I will end up with for the rest of my life.

05. What life lesson did you learn the hard way?

Life does not wait for you. It will pass you by. So better get your running sneakers and chase the hell out of it.

Also, don't be too naive, too trusting and too friendly. People will chew your head off. My name was smeared and ridiculed by so called friends due to my weaknesses.

06. What do you wish you spent more time doing five years ago?

My well being. I wish I have started my weight loss earlier.

07. Do you ask enough questions or do you settle for what you know?

It's never enough. The only way to improve life and to make life's exciting is by asking and seeking for questions. Then seek for answers. Life is bland if it's predictable.

08. Who do you love and what are you doing about it?

I love everyone around me who respect and love me. I try to show my love and gratitude to them via my actions and words.

Oh yeah, I love myself dearly. I try to take care of myself by being healthy and positive.

09. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

Love and life shouldn't be judged based upon religion and culture.

10. What can you do today that you were not capable of a year ago?

Believing in my strength and confidence completely. My previous surgery has changed the way I see myself, people and life.

11. Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

I think it depends on the reason why he/she was crying about. There are people who love to whine and cry for senseless things.

But yes, it takes a lot of strength to cry. The state of crying exhibits the pure state of yourself as a person. You have throw off your ego aside to cry.

12. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?

Come out earlier. And also dance in public in every crook and corner with a huge smile on my face.

13. Do you celebrate the things you do have?

I do. I am thankful for what I have and have accomplished.

14. What is the difference between living and existing?

Existing to me is just living without trying to live.

15. If not now, then when?

I always say it's now or never. If you want to accomplish something in life, you better start now whilst you are still well, healthy and kicking. You never know what will come tomorrow.

16. Have you done anything lately worth remembering?

Yes. I'm sponsoring a kid in need. I hope my little monthly donation to him will help to improve his life and education.

17. What does your joy look like today?

Running and walking under drizzly rain in the evening. Dancing alone under a dim light for a few hours.

18. Is it possible to lie without saying a word?

Yes. You know your best friend is lying through his teeth and smearing an innocent naive guy with unfounded lies. But you do not do anything to save that guy's name. You do not even nod or shake your head to approve or deny what false and what is the truth.

19. If you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way that you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow this person to be your friend?

The duration will depend on the inner side of that person.

20. Which activities make you lose track of time?

Dancing. I can dance all night. Even alone by myself. The sheer joy of rhythm, movement, music and passion. All these make me smile.

21. If you had to teach something, what would you teach?

Compassion and equality. I honestly don't like how people even some of my friends treat people who do not reach their standard/status of living. Be it janitors, building security guards, cleaners, waiters etc.

It also annoys me when people ask me to stop being nice and say thank you to these folks particularly waiters.

22. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?

Dare to daydream and dream a dream. But do not exploit all my might and wisdom to make my dream a reality.

23. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of?

I think so. Yes. But not as bad as it used to be. I simply can't let go this one guy from my grasp because he was my first crush. I think what makes it slightly difficult is because both of us work in the same building. And I lost him as a friend. And he believes his friend who made lies about me. It was also my fault. Stupid love letter but I've learned my lesson.

I can't forget his warm beautiful smile and innocent eyes. He was my dream guy, to say the least.

24.When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most?

I hope I have done enough good and honorable things that can benefit people around me and myself. I hope people will remember me as Mr. Nice Guy till my last breath.

25. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right?

Now? We'll never know what will happen tomorrow or the next day. So if you want to do something especially that can benefit people around you positively, do it now.

26. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?

When I'm no longer breathing. I think people around me will continue to remind me of my age.

27. Would you break the law to save a loved one?

I say, it depends on the situation and the type of law that I'm going to break.

28. What makes you smile?

Pretty much anything that can emote and channel positiveness in life.

29. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

I do my best to let my actions speak louder than my words.

30. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be?

Stop being stupid. Think hard and wisely before you say something and create an action. Show more compassion too.

Messages In This Thread
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Jay - 01-28-2012, 06:33 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by princealbertofb - 01-28-2012, 10:01 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Evilbunnie - 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by LateBloomer - 01-28-2012, 11:54 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by princealbertofb - 01-28-2012, 11:55 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Rainbowmum - 01-29-2012, 01:25 AM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by princealbertofb - 01-29-2012, 02:52 AM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Dreamweaver - 02-08-2012, 01:35 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Person66 - 03-17-2012, 07:32 PM
30 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 1 - by Mrmatty376 - 03-28-2012, 12:58 PM