Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 5 (61 - 70)
61. Is it more important to love or be loved?

To love.

62. If it all came back around to you, would it help you or hurt you?

I truly believe I have a net positive Karma balance, so overall it should help me.

63. If you had the chance to go back in time and change one thing would you do it?

I've always tried to live without regret, but yeah, I would do it. A second chance? Who wouldn't?

64. If a doctor gave you five years to live, what would you try to accomplish?

I have already done and seen more than I ever expected to, but it came at a price. That price was companionship. I would only seek a genuine companion in my last years so that I didn't die alone.

65. What is the difference between falling in love and being in love?

The span of time. We quickly fall in love, but over time we are just in love.

66. Who do you think stands between you and happiness?

I'm not sure I'm standing apart from happiness. But I would like someone to stand with me in order to confirm where I stand. Right now, he's too far away.

67. What is the difference between innocence and ignorance?

Innocence is natural and forgivable. Ignorance should know better and might be inexcusable.

68. What is the simplest truth you can express in words?

God = Love

69. What gives your life meaning?

Up until the last few years it was work. I lived to work. It was my LIFE. But not so much anymore. Now I'm searching for a new purpose having achieved more than I thought I ever would in my profession. That's the irony of success. The question is: Now what?

70. Can there be happiness without sadness? Pleasure without pain? Peace without war?

I defer to Jung and his idea of the "duality of man", which is based partly on the concept of Yin and Yang. Our lives need balance in order to be healthy. So my answer is no, there can be none of those things without the opposing force. Nature cycles, why does man think he can exist outside of nature?

Messages In This Thread
365 Thought Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself - Part 5 (61 - 70) - by LateBloomer - 02-08-2012, 05:10 PM