Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is he letting me down gently?
So I met this 18 year old guy on a dating site, got chatting and added each other on Facebook ect. We live about 7 miles away from each other and have like 15 mutual friends on Facebook. We spoke a lot on Facebook for about 2 months and decided that it would be time to meet up for a date. Met up, date happened it went great. We both IM'd and said how we enjoyed the evening ect.

Today (the day after) we didn't really speak much, I would try start a conversation but he would only give one word answers like yeah or lol. later in the evening he explained to me how he enjoyed the evening but wanted to just stay friends and see where it leads. He also said that he was certainly not rejecting me.

When we speak through IM I find it easy to run out of things to say. I feel that I am generally better at speaking face to face due to pressure and events around you ect. But as it took 2 months to meet face to face it might not be too often. He doesn't have a lot of free time in the week; He has no days off. In the week he goes to college and on the weekend he works. So it would only be evenings that we would be able to hang out.

I really do like this guy, we have a lot in common and if had the chance we could probably talk for hours on end; during the date there were no awkward silences. The question is - Is he letting me down gently?

I am 18 and go to a different college. I have kept this anonymous because he uses other gay forums.

I really do not think he is letting you down.
From what you wrote , I think he is just very busy .
Take it slow , develop the friendship and see where it leads, some people are worth waiting for.

We are all here for you.
Bighug

And if he isn't interested just remember there are more potential partners in the world u.u

And also the way someone perceives another on the internet can be SUPER different from what actually is and can be a bit of a shock. But I think that you shouldn't expect the world from him. And time, you need lots of time and patience. And then you will think that time takes too long. And when you got yaself a man you will be annoyed at time for going too fast.

I don't believe he is gently letting you down. You said it yourself, you both enjoyed the date and he emphasized that he is not rejecting you. But he sounds liek a very busy person, perhaps he doesn't think he is ready for a relationship? Perhaps something unexpected popped up? I really don't think it's something related to you specifically. Don't worry, give it time, enjoy your friendship with him and.. :]

Nothing more I can add as Mum, Josh and Ryan have said what I would have said.

Relationships should always grow from friendships...work on that Wink

remember everyone in the relationship needs to want it to happen.

Sadly I think he has let me down gently. He no longer replies to my messages and doesn't answer my calls ect. Maybe he just needs time, who knows. Thanks for the help people.

Bighug

Sorry to hear that...
But you know, that means you are now on your way to find someone even better!

I am really sorry to hear that sweetie.
You deserve better and will find better eventually.

Sometimes you have to kiss a whole lot of frogs , before you find Prince Charming Wink

Rainbowmum Wrote:Sometimes you have to kiss a whole lot of frogs , before you find Prince Charming Wink

Ain't that the truth! Rolleyes