Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day Of action Against Bullying
The 16th March 2012 is Australia's national day against bullying and violence, wear ORANGE to show your support.

http://www.bullyingnoway.com.au/

On Friday 30th of March it is Internation STAND UP to Bullying Day, on this day we wear pink to show our support.

http://www.standupday.com/08/participant...e_id=intro

I don't know how difficult this would be for Andy, but would it be possible to change the page colours to support both of these days on the day?

Oh yeah, lets get some pictures of you guys wearing orange on the 16th and pink on the 30th Smile

Awesome , I will have to make a badge for the forum.

Your guide to fighting Workplace Bullying

Ellen Supports ‘Bully,’ Rallies For PG13 Rating

Marcos is fighting back

Local students take part in a play about a bullied gay teen from Rhode Island, "Reflections of a Rock Lobster."

How schools fight back against bullying

Just FYI for anyone interested, there's a real good book IMO that has good, solid advice for children and teens (I think anyone 13 and older with decent reading skills for their age would find it easy to read & understand) on dealing with predators, including bullies, called The Safe Zone. It's more geared toward individuals to avoid or neutralize bullying for him or herself (though it does suggest strength in numbers) rather than combating the climate that encourages bullying, but I'd recommend this book to all children.

Pix Wrote:Just FYI for anyone interested, there's a real good book IMO that has good, solid advice for children and teens (I think anyone 13 and older with decent reading skills for their age would find it easy to read & understand) on dealing with predators, including bullies, called The Safe Zone. It's more geared toward individuals to avoid or neutralize bullying for him or herself (though it does suggest strength in numbers) rather than combating the climate that encourages bullying, but I'd recommend this book to all children.

Awesome find, thanks Pix. I hope it helps someone

What is homophobic bullying?

Colin Farrell Joins His Brother to Stop LGBT Bullying

Unspoken - The Movie

Lol I seriously got no Orange clothing, but only 1 pink pair of underwear :redface:'
Maybe I should get to show support, Don't want to be only in my underwear just to show support :biggrin:
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Something just occurred to me that I find puzzling: a great many popular shows and movies, especially for kids, show bullies as despicable and typically stupid, from Harry Potter to Hannah Montana, and I think it's a staple of martial arts movies that a bully who leads other bullies gets defeated by the hero while the audience cheers...that is, they're not only seen as vile, but also as losers and people want to see them taken down--painfully. So all in all, both boys and girls see so many stories they love in which bullies suck and are reviled. (Come to think of it, gay characters, when present, are often presented much better than bullies.)

So given that, why are there so many bullies? :confused:

Pix Wrote:Something just occurred to me that I find puzzling: a great many popular shows and movies, especially for kids, show bullies as despicable and typically stupid, from Harry Potter to Hannah Montana, and I think it's a staple of martial arts movies that a bully who leads other bullies gets defeated by the hero while the audience cheers...that is, they're not only seen as vile, but also as losers and people want to see them taken down--painfully. So all in all, both boys and girls see so many stories they love in which bullies suck and are reviled. (Come to think of it, gay characters, when present, are often presented much better than bullies.)

So given that, why are there so many bullies? :confused:

Because bullying often takes place in numbers or in group formation... And so people who might be quite harmless on their own are empowered by the group... (that's why group rape happens too, I presume).
The other reason I can think of is that bullies are generally not very articulate and therefore use violence to get their ways, or are articulate enough to bully (mentally) but not to be humane... that takes emotional intelligence.
And then, there's also the fact that the world turns a blind eye (a lot) to what societies consider 'harmless banter', so it really takes an understanding person to tackle these issues....
The last reason I can think of is laziness... (or fear).
All in all, it all comes down to education and upbringing... What people tell their children, and how they act towards them if they are bullied, or if they are the bullies (punishment?).