Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
really,really!!! need computer help
i really need help with something on my computer that has me really worried, this morning when i tried clicking on internet explorer it wouldn't work because there was "malicious programs" found on my computer( specificaly my account is the only one infected) so i run a scan and "certian file" are coming up that has me scared. I dont have the "regirstration key" so is there anything i can do to fix this without downloading any new programs or soft-ware?

Hmmm.
Sounds fishy.

What do you mean by don't have the "registration key"?
What program don't you have it for?

Also, what anti-virus software are you using?

Hope i can help. Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

i assume you have a virus on a Microsoft pc; grab important files, backup everything:
-log on to another account and with a usb hard drive find those important pictures, address book contacts, music video, general important files and copy them to the hard drive. with each account on the computer copy the files, your account (the infected one) last
-find a backup application, if one comes with windows version you have all the better, use it.

remove the virus:
-Download a couple few free virus scan application(s) and run them.
-Google is your friend if, best done on another computer or at least a different browser running in private mode. Google the results of the virus scan, look at the processes running under windows and their size. See if you can put a name on the virus. Once you have a name Google for a fix. Usually the virus its well known, rely on known internet sites too.

At this point its like saying it gets better when your left eye is all punched out but the Apple osx is really an advantage.

thanks, but i think i finally got it fixed...for now! mahahaha!!!

Good. I guess.:tongue:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

then its better to go to panda and let run a online check

http://www.pandasecurity.com/

look around on the site for "online security check"... or something like that ... let the check run...

the check runs with Internet explorer only ... firefox users have to start IE for a check

download AVG anti virus forget norton its bog strandard crap.... Try also downloading registry mechanic... Yes you got to pay however it is a very good problem

Also, I would suggest getting a different browser. Explorer tends to be more prone to that kind of stuff in my opinion. There are several free internet browsers out there that you can download.

how do i get malwarebytes?i can never seem to find it now-it saved mine once nicely

get that http://www.iobit.com/systemcare.html

you get into safemode and run the malwarebytes

lots of stuff on http://www.oldversion.com