Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gay men and Pheromones
Just found a very fascinating article about Gay men and Pheromones. It seems (Atleast according to National Geographic) that gay Male actually gets attracted to other mens scents unlike other men who is drawn to Estrogen, meaning that there has to be a connection between the brain activity and sexual orientation, and by with that being gay is biological and not a matter of choice. What do you think? Would love to hear others opinions on this matter Smile

Oh here is the link.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ent_2.html

Here is another link I took from the net.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn73...y-men.html
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

Is that why gay men(and straight) with more estrogen are less desirable to gay men and straight women?

What does estrogen and testosterone smell like? Someone said to me that, the muskier you smell, the more testosterone you produce and the more man-like you are.

This is interesting, if it's true I've never noticed. I don't think I conciously sniff people :p .

QueenOdi Wrote:Someone said to me that, the muskier you smell, the more testosterone you produce and the more man-like you are.
amount of smell relates to what you ate drink and hygiene habits.

a nice read but if this were verifiable true everyone would be doing it ( except Catholics )

I have no Idea, but according to the Article is that Gay men are particular drawn to other Gay men, If I did not miss read it, but yes they are less desirable to women.

Frankly I don't know how Estrogen or Testosterone smell like, but I guess like animals, that Pheromones are a substance that doesn't necessarily smell that much but gets into the head and makes you turned on. Smile

But I really have no idea, its an article, can be true, can be bullshit Smile Why I want others opinions Smile Have you gotten turned on by some kind of smell sometime?
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

pellaz Wrote:amount of smell relates to what you ate drink and hygiene habits.

a nice read but if this were verifiable true everyone would be doing it ( except Catholics )

Interesting Smile , I didn't know food and what you drink affects the body that way.

Zet Wrote:I have no Idea, but according to the Article is that Gay men are particular drawn to other Gay men, If I did not miss read it, but yes they are less desirable to women.

Frankly I don't know how Estrogen or Testosterone smell like, but I guess like animals, that Pheromones are a substance that doesn't necessarily smell that much but gets into the head and makes you turned on. Confusedmile:

But I really have no idea, its an article, can be true, can be bullshit Confusedmile: Why I want others opinions Confusedmile: Have you gotten turned on by some kind of smell sometime?

Hmm... Wink

I've personally never had this reaction to my knowledge, and I don't think I've ever been turned on by someones smell :p .

I'm more of a visual and intellectual person.

A strange thing I do when first meet someone, is deconstruct and analyze their facial structure and sometimes their body, but mostly just the face. I've been doing this for as long as I can remember, and it's not that uncommon, but I find that a person's facial structure can tell me all I need to know about someone, even how they think sometimes.

I prefer "reading" people, rather than smelling them and once I've read them, I determine wether or not they can be compatible with me, as either a friend or otherwise. This isn't always the case, as one of my closest friends wasn't a supposed match for me, but she and I are now good friends.

Facial Analysis Confusedmile:

I don't think its normal to sniff people, we aren't dogs :biggrin:

But just chemistry, something unexplainable, from that I've understood you don't pick up the smell, just the substance that the Pheromone is of and it gets you attracted somehow Smile

sometimes the greeting after work we hug, i smell the boy. All i can do is put him down on the bed and make out. I love being gay.

like 3-5% of alcohol gets secreted through the skin, a lot to be said for better quality vodka. Dogs can smell and detect visual motion 10x better. Beyond that tho they have a monochrome and a ??tendency to be near sighted.

I know I'm more likely to get turned on by the smell of another woman than by looking at her. (Yeah, yeah, I know the whole smelling thing is kinda gross. :tongue: )

Hello,
I hjave often found in life that people are drawn to what desires them from within... The problem with reasearch into what finds us attractive to others is that people often find the answers to be incorrect because we are drawn to what our instincts tell us looks nice... Some people for arguments sake are dead skinny and highly fit and attractive yet will only go for over 60's whereas you get guys that are mid thirties and over weight getting pulled by other over weight guys and the list can continue on... I find that whatever we are drawn to if we all opened up what ticks our boxes we would see a vast contrast of things...

Kindest regards

zeon x