Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspired by "Taking a break from Gayspeak guys, sorry!"
I've gotten inspired from Mrk2010's thread "Taking a break from Gayspeak guys, sorry!". I'm thinking of following your example. I spend way to much time in front of the computer doing nothing, like today on Easter eve did I spend most of my day just waiting for something interesting to happen on the net or someone to chat. Although there weren't much for me to do during the day, so could have I spend it working on my resume and searching for some jobs or atleast building up the cupboard I just bought. I think I've got a kind of a computer addiction. I used to have a huge gaming addiction, where I even used to dream or get upset when I had been away from WoW for far to long. Most of my free time goes to sit at the computers or other kind of consoles, even when I am hanging out with friends do we spend it mostly on games. Only difference from now and then is that I spend it on the net, like here and other pages like Facebook, 9Gag etc. The only thing I am actually doing is just distracting my mind from the reality and dreaming about moving away from here and living the perfect life I've always wanted, and getting sad over what a meaningless life I have instead of really doing anything about that. I am going to try to cut of my computer usage to as little as I can, and I would appreciate your support and please nag on me if you see me being online for way to long time, no matter what time on the day Smile I love this forum but for my own best it would be best to use it as little as I can. I am not quiting obviously, just saying I'm going to be here, or atleast try to be as little as I can.
Sometimes you need a bit of chaos in your life to be able to shrug off pitiful disdain about something meaningless.

well to be honest u should do what i do set yourself a few hours a day and then thats it... I some times give myself a day off like a working rosta infact to be honest on my rest days from work i dont go this forum anyhow

Hi Zet, enjoy your "internetless" life Bighug

I hope your depression never comes back again. But if you don't feel okay, don't hesitate and let us know.

Bye Smile

I agree with Aunty .
Allocate a certain amount of time to be on here.
But do not forget to live your life and enjoy nature.

The forum is not going anywhere.

Bighug

Zet, take your time and find the balance in your life Bighug

Like it or not you are a child of the Age of Internet. Society and people are connected and online - it is an off branch of society. Well I delude myself there, its the main trunk now. I hoped it was a passing fad.... I have lots of hopes Wink

I clearly recall a world without cellphones, iPads, computers in every house, Internet and this 'connectedness' that society is growing. That world is gone - It ended year ago - most likely was already wiped out of existence when you popped out of your mom.

I also recall how when AOL was a big f-ing deal people literally frowned at me when they asked me what my email addy was and I said I didn't have one. Today I get similar frowns when they ask me about my twitter account - Sorry, I don't twit - but then I'm not a twit :tongue:

Society expects us to have a Yahoo Chat account, an email address, a myspace page a facebook page and all of these other things.

Back when I was a kid we played kick the can as social interaction, today kids play Gear of Wars or Star Wars or other TV/Computer games.

Life has moved on and these technologies have become a huge part of life.

I think it will be difficult for you to 'break the addiction' because (shh don't tell) society is pretty much addicted too.

Its good you are attempting to define your limits, and are trying to decide what is healthy and unhealthy for you when it comes to the computer stuff.

Just keep it in mind if you do find yourself 'over using' that you are responding to the world you live in.

I started limiting my self earlier this week, I had stuff to take care of and I needed to limit my time online. just don't stay away for to long.:biggrin:

We'll be pleased to see you, whenever.

All the best.

Bighug