Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Shadows
Since seeing the recent trailer for the new film based on the classic soap opera, I was wondering if there are any other fans of the original series out there? Thoughts on the upcoming film?

I watched a few ep's of it before, it's still on some days during the day at Scify ;]

I haven't seen the original but the movie looks good.

I have the Soap on my Netflix queue, but I haven't watched it yet. The movie looks really interesting -- it is a Burton film, after all.

The Collins family in the TV series were not very comedic. The trailer I have seen for the movie appears to have made Dark Shadows into a comedy....

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:The Collins family in the TV series were not very comedic. The trailer I have seen for the movie appears to have made Dark Shadows into a comedy....

Exactly what I thought when first seeing the trailer.

Aside from that, as much as I like Johnny Depp...I can't take him seriously as Collins.

Holy Crap! I just saw on Wikipedia that Jonathan Fried passed away about a week ago!

RIP

Never heard off Dark Shadows what is it aboutConfusedmile:

Dan1980 Wrote:Never heard off Dark Shadows what is it aboutConfusedmile:

Soap opera about a supernatural family of vampires and witches, led by the 200 year old Barnabas Collins.

never heard of it so cant really say whether ill watch or not

I rushed home from school for years so I could watch Dark Shadows...at the time it was mesmerizing. I caught it again...a few episodes...when they re aired it on some cable station some years back. I realized that it was much more exciting and suspenseful when I was 10 and 11.

The movie?...no interest. They are using the popularity of vampires to make some cash...I saw the trailer and like BA said....Dark Shadows was not a comedy.