Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone likes a drink but no one likes a drunk
Hi All,
Why is it that when people have alcohol they turn into a wilderbeast??? I have spent an hour on gayspeak in silence to the sound of my own tapping and i live oppisite a good compainion pub... Yes the typical pub you find in the middle of a council estate (you can tell its usually a council estate as the pub closes down and opens more times than i masturbate and thats saying something!). Tonight i had my lounge flashing blue and looked out window to see two police cars dealing wqith two drunks fighting... Whats the matter with people why cant people just go out enjoy the night get merry and stagger home pissed as a fart instead of ripping each others throats out and im not just pointing at the men here... Women can be just as wilderness as a friday and saturday night can be jerry springer night when i turn lights out open curtains get the popcorn and watch the fights...

Has anyone ever run a pub here??? If so how long does this gop on for before local authorities act?

Some people are violent drunks, I know some. I myself am a very comical, giggly drunk, so I don't get into fights :p

It's not the alcohol, it's what they are having with the alcohol...recreational drugs.

I rmember when I used to go clubbing or on pub crawls back in the late 80's, everyone would get pissed as a fart but everyone still looked after each other...none of this glassing shit, no fights, just a huge group of inebriates having fun.

Drugs have changed that and altered peoples personalities...that and the Police becoming less and less able to do their jobs because everytime they fart in public they are subjected to and enquirey.

Give the coppers guns...let them use them, there can be no respect for the law when the laws can't be enforced because of beaura-fucking-cratic red tape.

Blow up all the PC Crowds and burn that red tape.

I mean no disrespect to the Brits, but the UK seems to be experiencing an epidemic of alcoholism/binge drinking.

Several years ago, I spent quite a bit of time in London/Stansted and Prestwick, Scotland.

Watching the BBC and going out to the pubs really opened my eyes to what's happening over there.

Sorry to say it, but the UK really does a have a problem on their hands.

I'm not sure which is most common, but either alcohol lowers impulse control or it gives people an "excuse" to "stop holding back" (whether it's being violent or acting horny). Though I thought this skit was brilliant in portraying a drunk vs. a pothoead (and funny as they "interact" toward the end):

Btw, I really avoid most bars for a variety of reasons, including violence (once by a lesbian who decided to argue with her fists and I was also violently confronted in regular bars more than once by insecure straight women who feared I was after their man, once because her man WAS coming onto me which was annoying as hell all by itself even before his girlfriend got in my face). Pubs (as opposed to bars) in the United States tend to be higher class (or maybe in showing more restraint and not taking crap they avoid getting torn up & stained) and so are more ok in my book.

Given that I've learned to deal with alcoholics and have a rare patience for them while sober I thought about being a bartender before as they're supposed to get paid really well (this despite I refused to drink in one by this time). So I asked around trying to decide if it was something I'd really want to do and plenty of bartenders told me that they're hesitant to call the cops because once the cops show up one too many times then it affects their insurance and finally the place gets shut down. Therefore they prefer to stick to bouncers and other means to make troublemakers "take it outside."

It seems like whenever I get drunk I become very flirty and hit on all the cute guys that I can get my hands on and I am totally a different person. I have never been a mean or violent drunk my entire life. It just seems like I come out of my shell when I am drinking and I am even more laid back than I am when I am sober. Yet I don't drink that often anymore and am very chill and perhaps will have one or two just socially. I am sure when I go to SF for pride in June I will be drinking a little bit and trying to get laid, lol

I haven't had any alcohol for longer that most of you have been alive but when I did...I was a slut....or maybe a whore...pick a word for someone who liked to have sex alot and that is what I was :biggrin:

Funny thing though....after I stopped drinking most people knew I didn't drink and would ask me how I could be a bartender in a gay bar and I laughed...I said..."Take a look around you...if I ever forget what it was like to drink I have ALOT of stellar reminders"....Actually...alot of bartenders dont' drink.

Zeon..back when I bartended I would not serve people who were inebriated so that is how we handled it where I worked. If you are a bartender in California and you help someone get drunk and they kill someone they can come after you as well. I would cut someone off before they got really wasted. No exceptions.

LateBloomer Wrote:I mean no disrespect to the Brits, but the UK seems to be experiencing an epidemic of alcoholism/binge drinking.

Several years ago, I spent quite a bit of time in London/Stansted and Prestwick, Scotland.

Watching the BBC and going out to the pubs really opened my eyes to what's happening over there.

Sorry to say it, but the UK really does a have a problem on their hands.

I think that is pretty universal and not just localised to the UK. Huge problem here in Australia too, especially amongst women.

dfiant Wrote:I think that is pretty universal and not just localised to the UK. Huge problem here in Australia too, especially amongst women.

Well, they certainly like their drink in Scandinavia, Russia and even Germany.

But I think it's interesting in the Mediterranean you don't really see people going out to get smashed. I'm thinking of Italy and Spain in particular where the men perceive drunkenness as "bad form". In other words, they're so concerned about their "composure" they're afraid people will think less of them if they're drunk.

Just my honest impression.

dfiant Wrote:It's not the alcohol, it's what they are having with the alcohol...recreational drugs.

I rmember when I used to go clubbing or on pub crawls back in the late 80's, everyone would get pissed as a fart but everyone still looked after each other...none of this glassing shit, no fights, just a huge group of inebriates having fun.

Drugs have changed that and altered peoples personalities...that and the Police becoming less and less able to do their jobs because everytime they fart in public they are subjected to and enquirey.

Give the coppers guns...let them use them, there can be no respect for the law when the laws can't be enforced because of beaura-fucking-cratic red tape.

Blow up all the PC Crowds and burn that red tape.

If only it was as easy as threatening drunk and druged people at gun point/shooting them and blowing up people who don't agree with such measures eh?Rolleyes

Drugs have always come hand-in-hand with drinking. I don't see how it can be made a scape goat now.:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so