Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm gay and how can I forget about a guy?
I'm 19 and gay. I ran across a guy on facebook last year. Personally I think he is the most hottest guy in the world and cutest. He is perfect. He is a percussionist in a chorus group in Uruguay that is pretty well known. I moved to Uruguay after a few months and it was kinda of cool that I was at least in the same country. So to my surprise this guy works for the city in a nearby station just two blocks from my house in Uruguay. I couldn't believe that this guy actually worked so close to my house. So one day I was sitting outside with my neighbors on their porch and he happened to drive by in his city car. At that moment I couldn't believe it. So then after a few days had gone by, I saw him walking on the other side of the street. I thought I was dreaming. Over the course of 5 months he ran across me multiple times. I even began to think that those were signs that we had to meet. I even went to the place he worked just to see if he was there.

Now since I knew he was a member of this well known band, in the months prior to February when Carnival starts, I went to see his groups rehearsals.
At that moment I was nervouse because I was going to have him really close. So one night I went, and he was there. I really couldnt believe it. He looked at me a couple times, so we did have eye contact. One time at a rehearsal he came really close to me, I walked by him and it was really nice. Now, IM NOT CRAZY. but i also feel that hes always looking at me too. Also one time when at the stadium I saw him in line. So its like everywhere I go theres always the chance in seeing him.

So after all this excitment, the depression hits me because I want to be with him. At least be his friend. I added him on facebook, but he disactives his account several times so I can never catch him online. Ive had countless dreams with him. and it goes to the point that I feel depressed because I want to be in love and want someone to love me.

Last night I had a dream and it really hit me hard, because I was actually praying for the dream to come true..

Im not a stalker, nor Im not crazy. But theres always a coincidence everytime I see him, and I are they signs???

Please someone help me, or tell me what to do. I sometimes think that I should forget about him because maybe theres no chance at all.

I plan to write to him on facebook once he activates his account. AT LEAST, I would have a response from him personally and then I would either forget about him completely or maybe he thins the same.

But please help..

Welcome! Wavey

Sorry to say it but it sounds like you're suffering from that old thing - a crush. You're not the first and you won't be the last. Only time will tell.

All the best. Confusedmile:

For sure, what monk says. Go out and meet new people dude. There are tons of other cool guys out there. Like me for example. Haha, i kid. But anywho, just talk to other people, get your mind off of him. It's not like you guys are close friends or anything, nothing will change because you hold nothing personal with him. Just 'cause he's good looking doesn't mean he's good for you.
Anywho, it's just a crush, you'll get over it. Just talk to guys and get to know other people. Getting to know someone is way better than having a crush on what might as well be a picture of a person you've never actually met.

Hi Leandro 19 it sounds like you have a crush. Relationships are too hard most of the times. Crushes can be as bad too. It's best to forget him. Hope you find some one who loves you.

it sure runs the complete spectrum here:
on one hand you have gay men here who would never date anyone except them selves
VS
other guys who will date anything with a pulse.

I once had a crush in one of the staff members at boy's and girl's club where i volunteer. The ONLY way I ever got over him was to think of how my next love would make me fell that feeling of being hot but just your chest around my heart no matter cold it was while my heart felt like it was swelling up in side me when i would looked at or hugged him. O God and it was so hard (In more that one way:biggrinSmile to get over him because he was so hot and nice and he loved to hug me Wink and I loved to get a nice two handfuls of his nice firm butt and give it a good hard squeeze. Cool Too bad he was straight, what a shame Rolleyes

Same thing here Sad

Similar to what others have said, I think it's important to recognize that your desire for closeness, connection, and love is one of the most vital aspects of being human. Your desire is a good thing! It represents a longing to share your life with another man, to care for him, to laugh with him, to join with him. There are not many things more important than that in life.

So, don't get down on yourself for yearning. Honor the desire; respect the passion within yourself. Just think how much love you have to give!

The deal is, you have to find someone who wants to receive your love. The statistical odds are, of course, against the possibility that your crush will return your affections. Therefore, as others have said, it's wise to think in terms of finding that guy who yearns for you as much as you long for him.

Should you approach your crush? I think that is sometimes a good thing to do because a) If the 1% chance of reciprocal attraction exists, you'll be glad you took the risk; and b) If, the 99% chance turns out to be true, i.e., he's not gay or he's not drawn to you, then it's one of the quickest ways to help yourself to move on.

One caveat though: If you do decide to talk with him, be sure to have a "support network" in place to help you deal with what will probably be significant feelings of disappointment and sadness. Have a couple of friends on standby so you can call them right away and talk about what happened.

I have faith and confidence that you will find the love you seek one way or the other.

Either make yourself go and meet hima nd tell him how you feel or play it cool and get to know him
forreal.

But, if you're wanting to truly get over him then start talking to other guys.

Hello Leanrdo Welcome

I have to agree with the others, you have a crush on him.
Sweetie if he keeps deactivating his account , I would not get my hopes up.
I am so very sorry for the pain this is causing you.

Online when we meet people ,they can be anyone they please.
And unfortunately due to loneliness , we make them larger than life.
From what I have read, he has not approached you at anytime you made an effort to meet him.

I would say , that's a pretty good hint .
Sweetheart you deserve so much more than what this person is willing to give.
You deserve to be loved without shame, smiled at because you are that persons shining light.
Cherished and hugged.

Let it go sweetie.

Bighug