Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apple vs. pc
well, it's been awhile sense i posted a thread, so thought why not post a debate i'm sure will remain completely civil and logical:biggrin:. So going by personal experience, which do you prefer, apple computer's or regular Microsoft pc's?

I prefer PC's because who the fuck has $2,000 to spend on a MAC?

I love my mac

I personally am crossed. I Love my iphone and ipod, but PC is better. If I want a Mac I can dual boot with linux for that.

Windows OS' because of versatility and games.
Oh and that the hardware tend not to be overpriced because of their brand.
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

PC, specifically, LINUX or Ubuntu if you mean the OS. But Mac's designs are nice. They always stick to KISS.

Definitely PC - Mac's too me are far too overpriced for a bit of shiny tech, with a PC you can customize it in every which way hardware wise & software wise to make it just right for your needs, Mac's cannot be customized at least not easily and are often under-powered for when it comes to what I need my PC for editing video/photos/3D models/Design work & of course.. the odd game now and then... :redface:

Don't go believing that rubbish either that mac's cannot get viruses, it's been proven they can and as a statement here - my friend has an apple mac laptop, he's never ran a virus scan before, out of "fun" he performed one to find over 50+ trojans, adware, malware and spyware - me scanned my PC - 1 itty bitty adware thingy :redface:

Sorry if this seemed a bit of an anti-mac campaign here I just fail to see why you'd spend over two grand for one when you could build a PC of much higher spec with all the nice accessories to boot (speakers, good monitor, mouse, keyboard) etc for around £500-600 in some cases, less Confusedmile: :redface:

I had mac - sold it after few evenings of overheating boots every 15 mins while trying to play one game. The money they cost that kind of problem just isn't tolerable.

PC it is!

Mac = do it their way...PC = do it my way

I built this PC 18 months ago for half the price of a top end Mac, and it still shits all over any Mac on the market...and I can add hardware, change hardware, and not have to buy a new PC is one compnent dies...or go without a PC while Apple 'repair' the Mac.

iPhones, iPads and iPods are much of a muchness with all other MP3 players, Tablets and smart Phones, but when it comes to computers, you don't really get a choice between Nvidia or ATI...Intel or AMD...I like choices.

No to Macs

Macs are better and everyone who doesn't have one is an idiot..... lol jk

I have had both. Personally, Mac's feel slicker in the OS where as PC is a power house. PC's can run with alot of errors and not care. Switching though from a mac to a pc and back and forth, it becomes a pain in the arse. I've grown to like my Mac better than my Pc, but I work on my PC more as a side project.

When it comes down to it, splurging for a Mac was a hugh decision because of college, I dont have to worry about viruses or constantly updating, or even compatibility issues.
People who are closed minded about Mac's or PC's, go out and play with the other for a while then make your opinion.