Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought... <_____<
I'm sure everyone has their reasons for deleting their GS accounts, but sometimes I wonder if people do it once they realize that this place is just not a 'hook-up' site. Or once they realize that not everyone here fits their world-view of gay, lol whatever that means Rolleyes

I remember being part of dlist.com a long time ago and never really made any friends there. I eventually deleted it because I didn't seem to fit in.

I mean you see someone post an intro post then all of a sudden they delete their account. I can't help but feel that I'm not cool enough, even though I'm still new here. I'm glad to know that there are a lot of pretty cool glbt people out there that share similar interests and do normal things like go to work and take pictures of their kitties, hehe.

It sucks that as a group of people who already face stereotypes and bigotry from non glbt, we still have prejudices against our own kind. I don't think I'll ever understand that bit.

Like, if your NOT THIS, then you must not BE THIS.. If that were the case, then I guess I'm not gay.

To me this place is perfect Smile

The only gay person that I know doesn't fit the "gay" stereotype, he is a furry and a computer hardware guy. (I'm software) so we naturally got along great.

But being able to come to a place online and ask questions and dive into a wonderful community of people is a sanctuary for me idk why someone would leave this place....

Lol that's what it is with a lot of gay forums. I just started this today and I already love it. It's really refreshing. People aren't trying to sleep with each other or cybersex, just having friendly conversations and debates.

It's the same with any community. Womens groups are not for all wome, men's groups are not for all men, motor sport enthusiast groups are not for motor sport enthusists, and at the same time it doesn't make a person any less of a woman, man or motor sport enthusiasts.

Rome wasn't built in a day...neither are communities, friendships and relationships.

Some people have a problem with diversity and feel out of sorts being in a group where there are so many different people with so many different ideas, opinions, thoughts, backgrounds and approaches to life, and that can overwhelm people who are set in their ways and want everything to be their way, they are rigid, inflexible and close minded.

Some people prefer a friend rather than friends, and then there is is the 'Oh! a gay group, cool I'll join and try to hook up.' factor.

Personally I love that I have been able to make friends from 15 to 62 years old, male and female, trans, gay, bi, lesbian and gay friendly.

What I love the most is conversations go way beyond the A/S/L rubbish and the what you after rubbish you find on all other gay forums. There is no pressure to be anything more than friends...and how do we find relationships...we all become friends, have fun, help some and just watch our friendships blossom.

I have been a member of Gayspeak for almost 12 months and I have seen a lot of single posters who post nothing but an intro and either delete their account or remain inactive.

Don't look at what we are losing as a community, look at what we are gaining as a community because the people that hang around become the most awesome people to hang out with.

Yeah, everyone knows that gays are all promiscuous sex fiends and that gay relationships are less stable than straight ones. Right? :frown:

Seriously Bry, I think you hit the nail on the head. This forum, so far, is everything I hoped it would be. I've talked with cool and diverse people and not once have I been asked for a cock photo.

Oh wait, here's mine anyway.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice cock Wink

lets hope that cock doesn't get a std...

too late, already looks a little red and inflamed around the head.

not as much a hook up site as some and one of the few gay sites that concentrate on gay issues. Be they political or personal ie... coming out, or relationship. One of the things at gayspeak is after the guy or gal has resolved their personal issue they dont stick around but rather delete their account and go on with their life.

The gay population is not that much more promiscuous compared to the straight. Think about it?

Having met my man on a "hookup site", I won't knock them too much. I was there more for entertainment at the time and along came something amazing!

But Brybry, you are indeed cool and the person that's out there looking for random hookups just might not belong here. I haven't been here long either and I'm glad I chose it. So far everyone seems interesting and interested and no one is "woofing" at anyone else as far as I can see. A nice little society where people are willing to just chat about stuff, have a friendly debate or get deep down and help someone in need is incredible!

Don't worry about the hello/goodbyes. They're missing out, not you. You have all of us! and we have you. :biggrin: