Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drugs in the USA
ok - so I heard something this morning that I can't quote because I don't quite remember where I heard it (media) but it was something I always felt....

how do you feel about legalizing drugs in America?

The story I heard was how prescription drugs are FAR more dangerous to society than alcohol, marijuana, heroine, etc etc

more car accidents, more sickness, more broken families, etc etc etc

meanwhile Americans are KILLING each other over the "illegal" drugs because there is money to be made.

I don't use drugs.... if they legalize it, at least it could be taxed.... I'm indifferent to it.

I am not sure about heroin but I think pot is pretty harmless. I grew up during the early 80s so experimented with many drugs (lsd is my fav recreational drug)...

I moved to Japan where it is really difficult to get drugs so was happy that I wasnt addicted to anything.

In Japan everyone smokes tobacco. So I started smoking tobacco. I moved to San Francisco where no body smoked so tried to quit. It was really difficult to quit so I think cigarettes are a worse drug than pot.

I went thru treatment for Hep C and it literally destroyed my life. The medications cured me but now I am suffering two years after treatment ended. I just got awarded disability due to medical poisoning! They dont know if I will ever recover - a lot worse than pot!

stay healthy guys,
frank

I was hoping for a stronger response ....

I think that pot should be legalized .. and no .. I don't use it

but sick of people being thrown in jail for it or being killed for it ....

and today I heard they are starting to go after users of prescription drugs ..

this should all be interesting

I for one, am whole-heartedly against it.

I've had a few friends in the past whom have REALLY screwed themselves over because of pot use and other kinds of drugs. Not just the legal issues, but their health issues skyrocketed (i.e. two of them became extremely er... big boned and now have diabetes and can't think straight to save their lives).

And honestly, I'll quote the famous Foamy the Squirrel (if you don't know about him, be prepared for many vulgar, yet true, rants he does should you pursue an interest).

"Why do people use this? To 'relax'? OH! I had a stressful day at work. I need some POT to RELAX! SERIOUSLY! You think you're the only person who had a stressful day?! THE WORLD HAD A STRESSFUL DAY, DAMMIT! So how do other people solve their problems? Well, certainly not a whole lot smoke pot to get into a nice relaxing mood!"

And also a quote from one of my good buddies who only tried it once...

"Don't do pot. It doesn't relax you, it doesn't make you see weird things.... it just makes you INCREDIBLY stupid."

So yeah, that's how I feel about pot. As for the rest of the drugs: it just gets deeper and deeper into problems I'd rather not have America's (or any nation's) youth getting into. I mean, hell, having smoked for a while, I'm almost thinking maybe the cigarette ban isn't such a bad thing! It really does mess you up.

Agreed - but making it illegal isn't the answer - it only breeds crime

and now you have kids sniffing glue and taking nasal sprays and such to where I as an adult have to beg a cashier for medicine

the drug isn't the problem