Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hand do you lead with?
I was just wondering...

Which hand do you guys lead with or use more often? For anything really, but for the sake of keeping it simple, which hand do you write with?

I myself am technically Ambidextrous, but I tend to lead more with my left hand. They say left-handers usually "become" Ambidextrous, because we have to learn how to use our right hands for many things [like right handed instruments - which I had trouble with at first].

I don't know if I'm naturally Ambidextrous, but I just know I can write with both hands. But it's more comfortable with my left hand. :biggrin:

How about you guys?

Are you talking about dancing? Because if you are, my reply is neither. Can't dance to save my life!

If you're just talking dominant hand, I'm a righty though I learned to use my left pretty well a number of years ago when I broke my right. In things of a more intimate nature, either hand is fun. Wink

As a cyclist, I'm more comfortable turning to the left than I am to the right...just a side note.

I am left handed. Can't even hold a pen with my right hand.

I use my right hand all the time, unless I'm cooking. When I cook I hardly think about which hand goes where, they just move around seamlessly xD. Though otherwise I am heavily right handed.

I was born a south-paw. This enraged my parents to the point where they did thing like literally tie my left arm behind my back to force me to be a good kid, a normal kid - a proper right hand using individual.

My mother considered all left handed people to be evil-doers. The way my parents 'taught' me to be a right handed individual has been called 'abusive' by every therapist and psychiatrist I have talked to.

I never learned how to write with my left hand. So it is not my righting - erm, writing- hand. :tongue:

In 2001 the wet wall (plumbing wall) between the kitchen and bathroom had a few minor leaks which slowly ate away at the floor and wall studs. I had no other choice but to gut the house (its only 450 square feet so not that big of a deal). I moved the kitchen and bathroom and bedroom around a little. While the lay out had been for a right handed person, it did not take advantage of natural light and available space. The design was at best poor. I set about redesigning the space doubling the storage space and increasing the size of the bedroom. Taking out a mere shower and installing a bathtub.

When finished I found the work more than satisfactory. My Partner said he didn't like the layout, that somehow he felt like he had to work more while using the kitchen.

A few years later I herniated a few disks in my spine, the one in my neck impinges on the left arm ulnar nerve. So I needed the left ulnar nerve transposed (Kaiser didn't want to touch the spine since my disks bulge outward, not inward).

I discovered that I had unconsciously designed the kitchen in favor of the left hand. :o

While I suppose technically I can be called ambidextrous since I use both hands, or be considered a righty since I write with only my right hand. I suspect I am very much that evil, soulless left handed creature my mother believes me to be.:biggrin:

I'm right-handed...my left hand is practically useless.

You should see me try to write with it....my penmanship with my left hand looks like it was written by a Yeti with Parkinson's disease :biggrin:

Typically speaking my right hand but having broken my right arm when younger I had to learn to use my left hand for almost everything and can write with it now fairly well along with other simple tasks.

Though I prefer to use my right hand, feels more natural

I am also Ambidextrous , I used to be left handed , but the nuns believed that was a sign of the devil.
Anytime I tried to write left handed or heaven forbid cross myself left handed , I would get waked with a cane .

I would give my right hand to be Ambidextrous.... Lol.

I'm right handed all the way. One of my brothers is left handed.

Rainbowmum Wrote:I am also Ambidextrous , I used to be left handed , but the nuns believed that was a sign of the devil.
Anytime I tried to right left handed or heaven forbid cross myself left handed , I would get waked with a cane .

Same with my mother. Except it was her primary school teacher instead.
What a backwards world we live in, eh?

She's left handed now though.

I'm right handed.Confusedmile:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so