Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some support
Hi. I am a gay teenage boy and am about to enter my Junior year in High School. I feel really alone. Only my mother, cousin, and a few close friends know I'm gay. I feel as though everyone knows already, but isn't telling me. I just feel so depressed. Cry The guys at my High School are especially homophobic and mean. I have no male gay friends. I need someone to talk to. Is there anyone willing to listen and message me? Everyone tells me "I've got a hard life ahead of me." All of this, because I happen to like boys. I feel afraid to be me sometimes, but as in my previous thread, I WANT to be who I am. I need to talk to a gay/bisexual guy who has been through this.

High school is never a good place to be different in any minor way, but the good news is that it doesn't last forever. As to what resources are available to you to make gay friends your age, that will depend a lot on where you are in the US. I would consider looking for gay youth organizations in your state, there should at least be a chapter of PFLAG, and see if they have any resources that can help you.

I'm 46 now. I and my partner went grocery shopping at a "new store".

A little back history here, we have lived at the same place for over 14 years, we have shopped at the same store for 13 of those years. Last year that store closed. Not only was it convenient, it was also a very friendly place with lots of LGBT employees. thus a tolerant if not down right embracing environment for my partner and I and the other dozen gay couples in the general local area that used that store.

Two days ago we are shopping and going through the general shopping conversations. You know the type, were I am pointing out the great prices on stuff he won't eat like broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower. Him all but begging me for sweats, soda, trash foods - the typical 'couple's arguments' :biggrin: .

Behind me I hear the words "faggots" muttered by some Latino guy. Well that single word put me on high alert and I noticed that a lot of males were looking at us as we were shopping. A few more muttered and no so muttered comments. Something about pussys - My understanding of Mexican Spanish is not that good - he may have been talking about Gatos and I only heard puta. :tongue:

If looks could kill you all would be going to at least a dozen funerals for my partner and I this week.

Now I'm not certain, this is a mostly Mexican crowd - so perhaps I was just too white for them? Or did they realize that the two gentlemen shopping had a household? After all my partner calls me sweetie all the time and he doesn't stop at the store...

My point, haters are going to hate - no matter where you are, who you are with and how old you get.

You have to grow a thick skin and learn how to defend yourself if things turn to physical violence. I would suggest getting a few classes in Jujutsu and in personal self defense.

Jujutsu is nice because you can use it for meditative purposes (not necessarily as a weapon). Of course you are learning as a form of self defense, not to start fights or go on the offensive. Thus you don't strike out until someone else throws or attempts to throw a punch - then rip off their head and shove it up their ass until they puke.

I ignore them, I do not answer back, but I let them know I am watching - I don't dare them with my eyes, I don't instigate, but if push comes to shove this old elf can really throw down and whoop ass. I have had to defend myself physically more than once - A lot less in this 21st century than in the 1980's.

Which brings me to the good news part. Tolerance and acceptance of LGBT is on the rise. When I was your age homophobia was more physical, baseball bats, gang beatings an other unfair ways to wage violence. Usually, or typically it was a gang of thugs who were so afraid of a sissy that they had to gang up in groups of 3 or more against one 'girly-sissy'.... Rolleyes

Laws now stand in our favor. I recall the police not even bothering to take a complaint because the victim was homosexual (obviously homosexual). Today police officers are suspended for such behavior, and there are many new 'hate crime' laws out there too.

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you that by the time you are 45 (my age) that homophobia will go the way of the dinosaur - it won't. After all hatred of Jews, hatred of Blacks, hatred of a lot of other people considered 'equal' by the majority still abounds. Thus hatred of you for being gay is going to exist - but in far less quantities than it does today.

JisthenewK Wrote:Hi. I am a gay teenage boy and am about to enter my Junior year in High School. I feel really alone. Only my mother, cousin, and a few close friends know I'm gay. I feel as though everyone knows already, but isn't telling me. I just feel so depressed. Cry The guys at my High School are especially homophobic and mean. I have no male gay friends. I need someone to talk to. Is there anyone willing to listen and message me? Everyone tells me "I've got a hard life ahead of me." All of this, because I happen to like boys. I feel afraid to be me sometimes, but as in my previous thread, I WANT to be who I am. I need to talk to a gay/bisexual guy who has been through this.

Hi J,

High school sucks. I really does. I can't say I ever got as far as you did because I was forced out of school for varying reasons, then dropped out of homeschooling when I was sixteen due to how difficult it was for the teachers to work with me (they would fail me for having work not turned in that they wouldn't answer questions for, which I couldn't complete because of it.)

I hate to jump to conclusions, and it might be a bit rash considering that you're still seventeen and all, but if school's not working for you, you can take your GED. The GED isn't exactly the EASIEST test, but it's not that hard too. If you're smart and get As/Bs and have a bad subject (mine was math,) you can easily pass and go on to college.

That's just a suggestion. I waited to get my GED until I was almost 19 because my situation in Idaho was so bad and I was struggling with my mental illness by the time I was trying to get it here in Texas.

Just a suggestion.

Many people here are willing to take messages from you and chat one on one. Perhaps that would be best then you can see and feel that you aren't the first boy to go through this, and that you truely are not alone.

It's easy to open doors, but how will you know whats on the other side if you don't leave the closet?

Thanks to all of you! Confusedmile: I just don't feel like waiting so long to come out. I have to graduate before I'm allowed to tell anyone else in my family that I'm gay. It's really difficult. i feel as though society is unfair toward people for being homosexual. That's not right. I've already been bullied as bad as that Karen Klein bus monitor lady and I haven't officially told these bullies I'm gay yet.

If you need somebody to talk to. Please go and message me. Because am going through the same exact thing your going through. Confusedmile:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]There's a whole world out there that loves and supports you! Just remember, you're never alone! If you EVER need anyone to talk to, I'd be honored to help you out!

I know it's hard, but don't let them make you think for one second that you aren't amazing the way you are. No one deserves to be treated badly for who they are.

I wish you luck, and I will always be willing to lend you a helping hand! Smile
You're perfect the way you are, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...you don't need that type of poison in your life![/COLOR]

JisthenewK Wrote:... my mother, cousin, and a few close friends know I'm gay ...
you are so lucky to have these people on your side. I know its because you work hard for their love and they think your a great person.

You have no male gay friends? Do you have any dykes? I find they are easier to talk to that them male gays.
Chin up and remember that life is what you make of it.

Umm sorry I'm not very good at advice. But do stick around Jay there are lots of helpful people on this site as you will see above my post.

~Josh