Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Haired Gays
Are there any long haired queers on Gay Speak? If so, has anyone experienced the double isolation of being a minority, long haired, within a minority, queer? - Just sort of curious. I wrote a bit of a post on the topic today!

Loving this forums feedback on posts. I should try to get on these discussion forums more often instead of just link spamming. Hope no one thinks this is spammy =

http://goodasgay.blogspot.com/2012/07/lo...locks.html

Well, I was a long haired queer, until the beginning of this year... now I'm just a short haired queer Smile .

I never felt any different, in fact, I felt alittle special :biggrin: , cause I had the longest hair of all the guys at the College I went to [ for a semester].

Although I was sometimes confused for a girl when I had it up in a bun...

I personally enjoy having long hair, doesn't really feel like isolation to me... It's actually more freeing if anything.

I'm actually locking my hair up now, for Dreadlocks :] .

I'll be that fab gay guy with Dreads lol :biggrin: .

My Transformation

This shows me with my long hair and alittle of my backstory... lol. Biggrinflip

I tend to let my hair get a bit long Smile

I love guys with long hair. <3 Usually.
The thing is, some guys see it as "feminine", and you know how a lot of gay men feel about femme guys. -.-
That, and gay men already feel isolated as it is. Why isolate themselves even further from society when they can choose to blend in?
I like guys with long hair who are a bit scruffy looking or rocker-like. If a guy had girls hair like Chris Crocker used to I probably wouldn't be turned on though. I'm growing mine out but it's always so messy and grows so slow.

I have had long hair in the past, prefer a shorter crop now. My personal opinion...if someone is going to get all stereotypical about someones appearance then they are not people I want to know or want in my life.

Judgemental people can shove their judgements squarely between their butt cheeks and shove it up until they bleed for all I care Smile

They are the more isolated people, because 1 non-judgemental person in my opinion trumps a million judgemental people Smile

I wear my hair long, no beard. But the word queer I don't know if it applies to me, I am bisexual, and I have heard queer used to discribe non heterosexuals before but I was told it means only gay and lesbian. Not sure. My hair is beautiful though.

WheresTheLove Wrote:I love guys with long hair. <3 Usually.
The thing is, some guys see it as "feminine", and you know how a lot of gay men feel about femme guys. -.-
That, and gay men already feel isolated as it is. Why isolate themselves even further from society when they can choose to blend in?
I like guys with long hair who are a bit scruffy looking or rocker-like. If a guy had girls hair like Chris Crocker used to I probably wouldn't be turned on though. I'm growing mine out but it's always so messy and grows so slow.

Who wants to blend in, when you can be an individual and shine like the star each and everyone of us is? Smile .

My hair is bushy[or afrocentric if you will], primarily because I'm half black, but I was always complimented on my hair,even though I'm not a girl, so hair isn't restricted to one gender.

People believe Long hair is a sign of femininity, because back in the day, long beautiful hair, was something to be admired on a woman and was what basically made her a woman[apart from her lady parts of course], but even before then, men also wore their hair long, as a sign of strength and nobility.

Ever heard of the story; Sampson & Delilah? Smile

I heard that story alot when I had my long hair lol. Biggrinflip

hank Wrote:I wear my hair long, no beard. But the word queer I don't know if it applies to me, I am bisexual, and I have heard queer used to discribe non heterosexuals before but I was told it means only gay and lesbian. Not sure. My hair is beautiful though.

Technically, Queer can mean anything unusual or strange, and I guess in the sense of sexuality, heterosexuals believe us to be strange and/or unusual Laugh .

But it's derived from old English I believe, not so commonly used anymore, outside the realm of sexuality, or by those who adopt the word for whatever reason.

So basically, yes, in the eyes of heteronormality, you are a Queer Smile .

And you rock dat hair! lol Biggrinflip

dfiant Wrote:I have had long hair in the past, prefer a shorter crop now. My personal opinion...if someone is going to get all stereotypical about someones appearance then they are not people I want to know or want in my life.

Judgemental people can shove their judgements squarely between their butt cheeks and shove it up until they bleed for all I care Smile

They are the more isolated people, because 1 non-judgemental person in my opinion trumps a million judgemental people Smile

Wow Daddy, that's so... descriptive Smile .

I still wanna see what you looked like with long hair :x lol. You must've been pretty... Dazzler1

And I hate to disagree slightly, but technically, on some systemic level, everyone judges someone else, even subconciously and they don't mean to. I try not to all the time, but it's part of human nature[and I kind of dislike that part of it]. Within the first 10 seconds of looking at someone, you've already made a subconcious list of possible faults, idiosyncracies, possible likeable traits, hygiene and some other things as well. This leads you to take the actions that you do, i.e;

When you see a hot guy or girl, the list you've subconciously made, must obviously entail some likeable/desirable qualities and promotes attraction, however fast or slow and prompts you to take action, normally infatuation, if not just lust and you will most likely ask them out or not too uncommon, fantasize about them.

Although, like I said, it's subconcious, so you may not know it's happening and you can always override it with the Cerebral Cortex's amazing ability to make decisions Biggrinflip .

But I also agree that, to judge someone based on stereotypical notions, is absolutely wrong. As it would be really untrue, atleast 60% of the time... and it's not very nice. :frown: .

Which is why getting to know someone is probably the best method anyone can use Smile .

I personally don't like long hair on myself. In fact right now I feel like my hair is too long and it's not even to my shoulders. But on another guy...it's not a big turn off, but it's also not the first thing I look at either. As long as he's a good guy with a funny and witty personality, hair and other things just become superficial.

QueenOdi Wrote:Who wants to blend in, when you can be an individual and shine like the star each and everyone of us is? Smile .

Ever heard of the story; Sampson & Delilah? Smile

I heard that story alot when I had my long hair lol. Biggrinflip
Society doesn't like most "stars" unfortunately. =(

And no I never heard that story.