Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's up with him
Yeah I am new here, but I just need this question answered real quick than I'll get to introducing myself.

I met this guy, on another site a few days ago. We hit it off quite well. We chatted back and forth. Yesterday he gave me his cell number as we started to talk about meeting up offline.

I called him a few hours later around 7:30pm and his first response was "Who is this" the tone of his voice had a tinge of offended to it. I introduced myself and he says "Oh yes its you, how are you" we talked briefly for about 5 minutes. He told me that he was actually talking to a friend of his.

The entire phone conversation, it sounded like he was offended that I intruded and the fact he was talking on the phone with a friend (basically he hung up on his friend and answered my phone)

I've dealt with a lot of relative BS in the gay community, but I've never dealt with this. And I'm stuck...

Was I in the wrong to call him? Or was he in the wrong to act offended? Before we said goodbye he asked that I message him on the site instead of calling him again. I messaged him and he read it and didn't respond... He has been online since.

What happened?

you gotta be careful with online dating sites. alot of weird people on those sites. I'd personally stay a way from them. I think he found someone else. but I cant be sure about that.

dating site + Cell (Mobile) phone number = TEXT ME, not phone me.

You weren't wrong to call. He may have seemed impatient but maybe he was talking to a friend in dire need?

GOOD GOD, THIS IS A NON-ISSUE!

You called him, caught him off-guard as he was talking with another friend when you called and that's it.

He wasn't being a dick, rude or pretending he didn't remember who you were - it was a simple case of akward timing.

And, the fact that YOU are projecting YOUR thoughs on his behaviour has prompted me to tell you to "check yourself."

How, after some online chatting and an initial exchange of phone numbers, that YOU feel there's soemthing wrong with him because of THIS ONE INCIDENT has me guessing that you're VERY OVERSENSATIVE.

Take a breath, relax, and just go with the flow. You're not dating, you're not friends, you're just acquaintences right now - let it be what it is. Don't over think things right now - it's way too new...and you MUST try to avoid "projecting" on him.

well now you know a little about him now. just a little tho.

I actually simply think that he was weirded out by your phone call. I think I would be too. Like dfiant said, if I ever share my phone number with a dude I'm chatting with and that I've met online, it's to text and see if it goes anywhere, but I would be greatly awkward if he called me. I understand there was nothing wrong with your intentions and that for you maybe it was normal to call, but maybe you should play it a little safer? Smile Good luck with it all nonetheless Smile

Lol me thinks its instant nervousness. I would get nervous if someone i just met online called me. He's probably all creeped out thinking your a stalker. You just accidentally jumped the gun before the right time. Solution=further communication via messaging, AND DO NOT INSIST ON GOING OUT YET. Trust must be restablished.

ivorybenz Wrote:you gotta be careful with online dating sites. alot of weird people on those sites. I'd personally stay a way from them.
Some of us have social anxiety disorders or are just not bar or club people. We have no other way of finding guys.

dfiant Wrote:dating site + Cell (Mobile) phone number = TEXT ME, not phone me.

He said to call him up. Though I should have just texted. Well he hasn't responded so I'll just let it go. Thanks for the responses...