Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is Jay?
Do you know anything about him? Is he having another surgery?
I miss him...

Jay is doing well, just prefering to stay away from the internet for a while, but he is still lurking in Gayspeak from time to time. Has been active in the cooking thread the last few weeks. He will see this and reply Wink

Thanks, dfiant. Smile
I guess now I've made clear that cooking is not my thing LOL

I miss him too :biggrin:

As Daz has mentioned, I do not have any plan to be active in Gayspeak for the time being. I still drop by to see how things are once in every few weeks.

I have fully recovered from the second surgery. Physically and also emotionally. I went back to running and my regular exercise on the second week after I was discharged from the hospital. But I did reduce my weight lifting at the time as my chest wasn't able to handle the stress from heavy lifting.

My chest bled twice on the second week whilst I did my morning run. I only noticed blood coming out from my chest when I stopped running to cross a road. My white t was soaking with blood and seroma. But nothing that I can't handle. My chest has recovered.

My surgeon and I have set up schedule for the third surgery. We're going to do it on 31 Dec 2012. I'll be celebrating my new year on a surgery bed. But as I have previously pointed out, I will not update you guys with the third surgery (and upcoming surgeries) as I don't think it's necessary. Just wish me well, that's all I ask.

Thanks for remembering me, Nick and Ceez. And also Jake (Azulai). You guys are sweet. Daz, obviously.

P.S: East, I still have the Get Well card that you sent to me last year. I cherish it. Thank you again.

Hi Jay,
I am sorry you won't be around much.
So... good luck and feel well Smile

Jay!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you...I just saw this thread. I was wondering where you have been.

Glad you have recovered from the surgery both physically and mentally. What was the blood from if I may ask? I am guessing that maybe from the surgery and the cutting? That must have been scary...

Is your third surgery the final one? Are you finding that the results are worth what you have endured with the surgeries?

I hope you stop by more often...Bighug ...glad you are doing well...take care of yourselfConfusedmile:

Quote:Jay!!!!!!!!! Nice to see you...I just saw this thread. I was wondering where you have been.

Glad you have recovered from the surgery both physically and mentally. What was the blood from if I may ask? I am guessing that maybe from the surgery and the cutting? That must have been scary...

Is your third surgery the final one? Are you finding that the results are worth what you have endured with the surgeries?

I hope you stop by more often... ...glad you are doing well...take care of yourself

The blood came out from the stitches on my chest. My surgeon sliced my chest (To remove excess skin) and restitched it.

Below was the photo after the surgery (1-2 days after). My chest was filled with markers (to mark where to cut) and the stitches were still fresh and pitch black. My side chests still had seroma. My surgeon had to use a syringe to absorb the fluid.

As you can see my surgeon repositioned my nipples to a new location. He also sliced off skin under my new nipples. Stitches pretty much start from middle chest to my back.

[Image: surgery03.jpg]

My third surgery is not the last surgery. I still have one more major surgery and probably follows with few minor surgeries.

Wow Jay! So...you knew where the blood was coming from and why it was there...that is good. I get squeamish about blood so I was feeling squeamish for you:eek: That looks painful Jay...does it hurt at all now? Are you happy with the progress so far?...

That is a very brave thing you are doing...I wish you the best and much success with the remaining surgeries....I often think about that and think about you and you I want you to know on more than one occasion when I have had to do something I didn't want to do or thought was going to be too difficult...I thought about you for inspiration and it helped....alot...

Again....I am so glad you are doing wellConfusedmile:

Quote:Wow Jay! So...you knew where the blood was coming from and why it was there...that is good. I get squeamish about blood so I was feeling squeamish for you That looks painful Jay...does it hurt at all now? Are you happy with the progress so far?...

That is a very brave thing you are doing...I wish you the best and much success with the remaining surgeries....I often think about that and think about you and you I want you to know on more than one occasion when I have had to do something I didn't want to do or thought was going to be too difficult...I thought about you for inspiration and it helped....alot...

Again....I am so glad you are doing well

I think the blood came out due to stress (weight). I did weightlifting two days before my chest bled. I lifted dumbbells slightly heavier than I should have.

Strangely no, it didn't hurt and still doesn't hurt. According to my surgeons, I was supposed to be in pain screaming to my lung after each surgery. But I wasn't. I didn't feel pain at all. I was walking fine three days after the second surgery. The only twinge of pain that I felt was when nurses inserted those needles into my veins.

I can't expect 'perfection' on my body anymore as I messed it up in the past. But what I can do is to fix it as much as possible and give my best.

I am happy and satisfied with every surgery. Yes, the stitches are not exactly pretty but they have healed. They look much better now that I no longer upset looking at them. My surgery scars can't disappear but they will eventually fade bit by bit (I hope).

My surgeries are necessary for the sake of a better future. As I told my surgeon, "It's for the greater good."

I'm just a guy who owes himself a better life. I mistreated my body in the past. It's time to pamper it with greatness of health and love.

Thanks East for the kind words. I appreciate your support very much. Big hugs.