Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone!
Hello everyone, I won't make a big long introduction..
Simply put, my name is Josh, I am 19.
I recently came out on the 23rd, and have been feeling so good about myself recently.
I had a great support system.. Mostly my friends, not my family.

I made a big post on my facebook one day, just to pull the big bandage off, I lost a lot of my friends due to it and also hate mail and calls from them.
I deleted them all, blocked and what not.
Since then, i've came out to everyone I know.
I had social anxiety from bottling up everything and hiding stuff from people, but after I came out I became more social, and been feeling great!

I found this website while searching for a community, trying to make some new(better) friends, moving on with my life.

So, yea!
Hello everyone!

Hi and Welcome :-)

Yes...a coming out cleans the friends list.... but for my opinion that is not bad .... it shows who is a friend and who is just ballast. It is interesting that people become really friends whom you did not expect... and others for whom you had given a hand get lost....

Welcome! Xyxwave

Buring, hello! Confusedmile:

Welcome! Wavey

hi and welcome to GS, fenris put it really well about friends, you do find out who real friends out and the joy of finding out some are really great and more accepting then we ever give them credit for - good look for the future mate

fenris Wrote:Hi and Welcome :-)

Yes...a coming out cleans the friends list.... but for my opinion that is not bad .... it shows who is a friend and who is just ballast. It is interesting that people become really friends whom you did not expect... and others for whom you had given a hand get lost....

Yes I was quite shocked.
But like I said, the friends that I knew that stuck with me, were supportive and cheered me up after a horrible experience from those that "hated" me after I came out.

Smile
I feel glad to have friends, and hope to make more!
I am way more open now since I let all this off my chest... I think hiding it was one of my biggest downfalls in my social life.
!

And thank you everyone else Smile
I heard great things about this site.

welcome to the forum. I feel its hard sometimes. I lost my best friend when I came out. she was a hoe to begin with. it gets better, and you'll find more and more friends who'll enjoy being around you. just be yourself.

G Day Josh and welcome. I am so glad to hear that you are feeling good about yourself, but I am sorry that some friends have turned on you, better off without them anyway, and it takes something like this to show you who your true friends always were Wink

Greetings Xyxwave, welcomeWelcome and congratulations!Beerchug