Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
spain
I'm looking to move to Spain in a couple of years. is there anything I need to move there? like green cards or anything? let me know, thanks.

Obviously you will need some sort of visa to live in Spain unless you have duel citizenship belonging within the EU..
Depends if you want to work while there, it's not as easy as just saying I want to move abroad and presto it's done.
It will involve a fair amount of paper work and a fair amount of time,cash and dedication.
Having lived within the EU as a young chap as well as Thailand, it's a hard thing to just pack up and leave and it's never an easy task.
All the advice I can give you is research,research,research if you want to live it out as long as you can.

Ivory, what's the attraction with Spain? Do you know a Spaniard that you are hoping to marry. Since marriage is legal both there and in Canada, I'm guessing spouses have the right to work where their husbands live.... But research would be necessary. Why don't you contact the embassies?

A lot of European countries have youth visa agreements with Canada that allow under 30s to get year long visa relatively easily, although they are harder to get with the recessions at the moment.

You don't need a visa to visit spain or live there for a 6 month period, but you would not be allowed to work and would have to demonstrate the ability to support yourself for your expected stay.

thanks guys. and albert I love Spainards thats my main attraction there. I also wanna move to europe. I'm a writer so I'll be able to support myself that way. Ive posted acouple of my lyrics so far. (website coming with more soon)