Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uni Books!
AHHH OMG IM WELL ANNOYED. :mad:

Right so far ive bought 4 core books at £145 all together. I now NEED another 5...

The first is £65
and the rest = £120.

The prices are rediculous. I cant buy second hand or earlier additions, because business changes so much we need the most relevant. So I have to have the latest.. I want to cry over the cost LOL Cry
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I know all about expensive texts. Every term I have to shell out between $200-$400 for books. Hell I had to buy a Greek dictionary worth $160. It really is ridiculous.
It really sucks when you have to buy a small book worth $70.
Blah, at least it is getting to the point that I already have many books that the courses require I own.

LOL. Oh My I cant afford to buy them all, and the library contains like 2 copies of each text for over 500 students..
[/COLOR]

2 copies? Your uni sucks. We have at least 10 copies of core ones at ours. As for books... do german and linguistics. A lot of the books cross over and such so not too many new ones to buy. Especially with respect to grammar Confusedmile: *rubs salt in the wound*

Cant you buy them from Amazons.co.uk ? Second hand books are always cheaper and most of them in very good conditions because they are bought from students like you who planned to resell and recycle.Usually students from my uni used to sell their books from last year and that was cheap too. The only tricky thing was the Editions... which basically you cant have new edition of a book every year and be significantly different cant you? They just change the illustration and the pictures a bit make it look different to stop you from buying the used one from last year.
Personally I was only buying a book brand new if it was coming included with a CD-ROM to be sure the cd was good.

The thing with second hand they would be the earlier edition we need the BANG up to date ones, because how much business changes. I mean theres ones on there like 3/4 the price so £34 instead of £45 BUT have to ship from america which is £7 so no point..
[/COLOR]

wow~books in UK are so expensive...the normal price of a student book is only 3 Euro here...lol

3 Euros?! Ill give you the list of them ;]]]
[/COLOR]

Hey Mark,

remember I said my work would pay up to £100 for my books... well the two books I need for the first module alone come to £75!!! Got 3 modules this year, so if that's the trend then I can see me forkin out some cash real soon too!! :frown:

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Hey Mark,

remember I said my work would pay up to £100 for my books... well the two books I need for the first module alone come to £75!!! Got 3 modules this year, so if that's the trend then I can see me forkin out some cash real soon too!! :frown:

That sucks x.x Hmm..
[/COLOR]