Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you ever go nude in public?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20399164

Im not a nudist, or even an advocate of public nudity, but this article got me thinking.

Would you ever want to go nude in public, or is this just a "Californian" thing?

Is the right to walk around naked enshrined in the US Constitution somewhere?

ObW
x

very very very definitely no

If I worked out more, yes. Then again, I am from California...

Here it is not a big thing ... Ok not in a pedestrian zone... but at beaches, ponds, forrests ... it´s quite normal. We have official nude wanderings, toboggan, cycling... some people spend their complete holidays nude at a beach... there are areas you can go shopping nude... but nude AND drunk is a NO GO..and you can wake up at a police station, not for being nude..but for being drunk
and at home everyone does how he like it ... by example my neighbours... she wears just a slip if she has a sunbath or sits in the garden .... and nobody care about... or her son .... he is 23 ... he wears so many times just small slips or swimwear.... my other neighbour asked me a few weeks ago as we saw him in the village " is he the son of XXX " ... I said " Wait a moment I must have a look ...I know him only in swimwear or slip ... I have to see once... I don´t know how he looks like if he is fully clothed " Wink

or my nephew... he is 44..and has friend who has a garden in a nude area...if he visits them he is always happy... no thoughts what Clothes to wear ,)... they strip their clothes off in the parking lot... and visit their friends

I found this on youtube : a formal solicitation at a nudist beach
he says "This is a naturist (nude) - beach .. please strip your clothes "

i would for sure.

No thanks, I'ma stick with clothes!

No for me.

Not in public, at home sure, I'd rather be nude.

I don't think there are many places in CA that you can get away with public nudity.

Would I? I wouldn't be unwilling, though I don't see nudity as sexy as I'm guessing the men at Castro do. Not that I'm certain as I've been nude with many men who are casual (as opposed to aroused) that way. Nude beaches and camps really aren't the orgies some people must imagine they are and they typically keep a close watch out for pervs who try to exploit their nudist tendencies for sexual arousal. Castro Street might be different.

And I was fine with it in Texas. This may be because when playing with little boys as a little girl we explored each other and it wasn't threatening or a big deal (of course we knew better than to let any adults catch us at it).

OTOH, when I was 13 my 17-year-old male cousin said, "Let's go skinny dipping." It was a hot summer day and thought it a good idea as I'd never done that and just shucked off my clothes and went into the pond. He finally did the same and tried to scare me out by talking about leeches but I wouldn't let him. He left first and I followed. And in the 2011 summer (him in his 30s by then) he told me that he'd meant to tease me and it freaked him out that I took my clothes off and jumped in instead of being scandalized by the suggestion, and he was scared of relatives finding us (we were on a shared farm) as they'd automatically assume we were having sex. I just mentioned how funny it was that people so high strung about morals and public nudity have such dirty minds.

I got naked with some aging hippies (and their families) in a sauna and thus learned to sauna that way (and I was never sexually harassed) and still do it in public saunas unless prohibited (I do sit on a towel of course). But I find that even in CA I'm very rare for doing that (to my shock one woman even came in wearing gym clothes where most at least wear swimwear of some kind).

I've also did a few Wiccan rituals in the nude ("skyclad"), even on the beaches, but we were extremely unlikely to be discovered at the time.

But as for public nudity...I'd do it just to say I did it (had I known that was allowed back when I lived in Frisco I'd have certainly done it once, but only once). To me clothes are too useful (from pockets to protection from friction and the elements to making an impression) to eschew in most situations, however. And again, I don't find nudity sexy and I'd be bemused if I got a lot of whistles or catcalls over it.

I grew up in California. There are some great nude beaches and hot springs, but that sort of behavior is thankfully rare in the cities. As far as the US Constitution goes, the "right to free speech" has been generously interpreted by the courts. Maybe free speech includes body language!

Personally, I sometimes enjoy being nude at places where it is traditional, like those nude beaches, hot springs, saunas, etc. People who are uncomfortable with nudity can avoid those places. When it is commonplace I become relaxed and can appreciate all the shapes and sizes the human form takes. Well... most of the shapes and sizes.