Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite features
I'm quickly getting the hang of this new site (new for me ... and to be honest not so old on the Internet). There are some features that I really like, some I couldn't care less about, and some that are plain useless to me (I guess, I haven't used them yet, might never want to use them) or maybe even a pain in the neck.

1 * So what are YOUR favourite features on this site?

2 * What are the features you find obnoxious?

3 * What are the features that break your b*lls from being too complicated to figure out?

4 * What features would you like to know how to use better?

1 * I personally like the smilies but...
4 * I would like to be able to use the [More] smilies better. (I know. I've got to learn the codes!)

Hmmmmm, so how come I was almost going to forget to put any in this posting? btw, did you know that you could only use up to 20 images in any given post?
Mexicanwave
:heartline:

Q1.

New posts... quick access to the latest ramblings without having to search the forum for em.

Who's Online... my fave lil spy tool to see what everyone online is doing.

2. None really... but I'd prolly say the search... vBulletin has never been that great with the results... but that's really based from another vBulletin forum I use.

3. None.

4. None

And "only using 20 images" lol... its quite a lot IMO... referring to that other vBulletin site I use again... they only allow 6! which is damned awkward when multiquoting that contains lots of smilies.

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Q1.

New posts... quick access to the latest ramblings without having to search the forum for em.

Who's Online... my fave lil spy tool to see what everyone online is doing.

And "only using 20 images" lol... its quite a lot IMO... referring to that other vBulletin site I use again... they only allow 6! which is damned awkward when multiquoting that contains lots of smilies.

Thanks for your answers. How could I forget the spy tool....???? I love that feature too. Hehehe. It's fun to see which post is likely to get an answer to read soon. Or to see if someone is answering that Private Message. (or should you wait till you next log in, huh?)

As for the new posts little triangle / arrow there, I've only just discovered it and love it too...

princealbertofb Wrote:Thanks for your answers. How could I forget the spy tool....???? I love that feature too. Hehehe. It's fun to see which post is likely to get an answer to read soon. Or to see if someone is answering that Private Message. (or should you wait till you next log in, huh?)

As for the new posts little triangle / arrow there, I've only just discovered it and love it too...

Indeed!

One feature I did consider for a while that I would like to see here is a rep system... ie people give positive reps for good posts and negative reps for poor/flaming/spam posts. But I thought after a while that it isn't really appropriate or needed here.

Umm I like.. Idk.. I like that I click new posts and most of the time it takes me straight to them Astrosmiley2

That subscription thing! DRIVES ME CRAZY. Also when you post onto a new page and it marks it as unread. Im like WHAT. I JUST READ THAT.

3 * What are the features that break your b*lls from being too complicated to figure out?

Tbh I dont know.. I dont think I can use the search tool right.

How to quote right LOL
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:4 * What features would you like to know how to use better?

How to quote right LOL

Easy... press the "quote" button at the bottom of the post you wanna quote. If you edit the quote, ensure the quote and /quote tags stay intact.

To multi quote... press the button next ton the one that says quote on EACH of the posts you want to quote... then hit "post reply" at the bottom of the thread.... and again, if editin quotes, ensure the tags remain intact

I like the front page as it shows the most recently responded-to threads, which means you can keep up-to-date with minimal effort. I also like the profiles and the back-end functionality (which I can now see in operation) is pretty cool too Confusedmile:.

None really, although I personally find I prefer being contacted via MSN for non site-related issues, than via the PM system on the site itself ...

None.

None.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Mike I do that but still manage to quote wrong. LOL. Ill just not quote people. HA TAKE THAT EVIL QUOTES :mad:
[/COLOR]

saltybeanz Wrote:Mike I do that but still manage to quote wrong. LOL. Ill just not quote people. HA TAKE THAT EVIL QUOTES :mad:

Aww bless ya... will have to come round and find out what you're doin wrong Wink

wouldlikemuscle Wrote:Aww bless ya... will have to come round and find out what you're doin wrong Wink

Aha shall I get the cottage cheese ready? Wink
[/COLOR]