Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
being single
being single suks I know give me some ways you guys past time while looking for mr right Iam all ears.

This is the internet. There would seem to be two categories of people; those whose problem is that they don't have a relationship and those who want advice because theirs is going so badly or has just ended. The grass is always greener...

There is another option. I'm single, through choice (second choice).

Finding a hobby might be good. Although finding the right one can be a chore. I went from RC cars to learning electronics, to amateur radio...

It should be something that you enjoy and are passionate about, don't put model airplanes together if it drives you crazy (do people even do that anymore?) Hanging out with friends is probably the best medicine. Always a good time to find something that helps you become more refined.

Good things to do when you are single:
1. Work on your personal issue.
2. Work on a hobby.
3. Learn a new hobby
4. Play a game.
5. Learn a new game.
6. Talk or hang out with friends.
7. Get in shape, exercise more.
8. Go on a vacation for one, even if all you do is stay home and eat ice cream right from the carton.
9. Hog the entire queen size bed just because you can.
10. Eat your favorite food, even if no one else you know likes it.

1, 6, and 7 are what I should be focusing on...

I was doing very well this summer, I was running 4-7 miles a day, I quit smoking, and lost 26 lbs...and then I just sort of stopped going and just somehow started back where i was Sad

I usually end up doing a few things, not necessarily because Im single, but because I work away a lot so have periods of boredom.

1. I like to get out and see new places, usually photographing as I go.
2. I like to read a lot. Nothing fancy, Sci-Fi or Thriller/Drama stuff. I have a Kindle which makes that very easy Smile
3. Work more. If Ive nothing to get home for, I usually end up spending more time in the office
4. Internet can keep me amused for hours LoL
5. Go out for dinner to new places. I usually try and work though a list on internet recommended sites or something
6. Get into a gym routine
7. Volunteer at something

There really is no excuse for sitting at home waiting on someone or something coming to you. Get out there

:-)

ObW
x

For me when I was single......Video games were my friend:biggrin: and movies and reading.

Mick

OlderButWiser Wrote:There really is no excuse for sitting at home waiting on someone or something coming to you. Get out there

This pretty much says it all, I'm currently single and I'm going to put myself out there more once 1 or 2 things are sorted.

Waiting and expecting that something will happen can work but most of the time you have to make an effort.

Getting out has been difficult, again too nervous, probably have an anxiety problem, but it's to there point where I just feel uncomfortable...hard to get my out of my shell....it's a bummer.

axle2152 Wrote:Getting out has been difficult, again too nervous, probably have an anxiety problem, but it's to there point where I just feel uncomfortable...hard to get my out of my shell....it's a bummer.

This is where you make your start then. Work on the nerves and learn how you can make yourself more confident, things should start to fall into place after that.