Rate Thread
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eye Contact
So I've always just been kind of curious, what does eye contact mean to everybody? I'm a pretty popular guy at my school even with my sexuality. Not many guys care about the fact that I'm gay and I don't tend to show it all that much. Walking in the hallways, almost every single day between classes I make this weird eye contact with people, like just random guys, usually ones that I'm attracted to and like our eyes kinda just meet for a couple seconds and then its broken, but I feel like in those couple seconds I feel like some sort of weird connection, not just because of the eye contact but I like get this feeling that they have some sort of attraction towards me? I've never made any confrontations towards any of the guys because I don't want to be that kid who's gay and tries going for all of the straight guys and completely embarrass myself.. its not really my thing I guess, but I've always just been curious to what it means to make eye contact with guys and if its something important to think about or if I'm just wasting my time.

eye contact is good, personally i'm guilty of not doing it enough. It is importan to engage people by making eye contact.

Its the lingering eye contact that may or may not mean anything.
but then if your still in school it could be any number of things jelousy and envy come to mind

Eye contact shows that the person is actually showing respect. At least that's how i feel about it. If i'm talking to someone, Anyone. I always give eye contact.

I have trouble with eye contact. On a primordial I feel threatened by it I guess. Can't really give you any insight because I rarely ever make eye contact with most (especially random) people long enough for the 'connection' you describe to take place. But I'd wager it's nothing to worry too much about.

It means that you've seen them and they've seen you. Don't overthink it.

monk Wrote:It means that you've seen them and they've seen you. Don't overthink it.

But then THEY KNOW...

Miles Prower Wrote:I have trouble with eye contact. On a primordial I feel threatened by it I guess. Can't really give you any insight because I rarely ever make eye contact with most (especially random) people long enough for the 'connection' you describe to take place. But I'd wager it's nothing to worry too much about.

I use to be this exact way. Making eye contact with anyone really, made me feel uncomfortable.. and I'd either look away or try to focus on something else.

Strangely that issue kind of went away on it's own, and now I have no issue with it. I think in a way it disappeared as I became more comfortable with myself and being in my own skin.

Guess I can settle for looking at their nose instead of eyes til then, they can't tell the difference. :p

I only do it with a few people. I find it intimidating at times, and I don't to intimidate anyone... sound weird but yea...

On a side note is the 3 second rule actually real?