Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sexuality
I've always been under the impression that it's impossible to change your sexuality and that it's not the result of any course of action you've made yourself. It's just the way you are and whether it's genetic, the result of your environment or a combination of both, it's most certainly not a choice you once made.

Yet, there are lots of people with different paraphilia that are considered repulsive human beings. But really, aren't they just unfortunate individuals who happened to be born/grow up with socially unacceptable desires? I've never had the "common" hate for paedophiles, necrophiliacs etc. I just kind of pity them because they have urges they can't morally act upon, unlike me who can live my life without having to restrain myself.

Any thoughts?

i don't hate all of those people
i just hate the ones who choose to act on their feelings ~

for example ~
i get that someone can't help being a pedophile , but they can stop themselves from raping a child . (and it is always rape . children cannot give consent)

i also understand that not all child abusers are pedophiles . but some definitely are .

the American Psychiatric Association declassified homosexuality as a mental disorder about 1973. I could see your theories might have merit but who could say yes or no.

megumidesu Wrote:i don't hate all of those people
i just hate the ones who choose to act on their feelings ~

for example ~
i get that someone can't help being a pedophile , but they can stop themselves from raping a child . (and it is always rape . children cannot give consent)

i also understand that not all child abusers are pedophiles . but some definitely are .

Precisely. People should be judged for their actions not emotions^^

I completely agree, I feel that sexuality is not something someone should be judged on and that it is their actions that mark who they are. Many would reach out for help if they wanted it, but I fear that some are fearful and too ashamed to do so because of what the general reaction is.

for another example , obviously there is nothing at all wrong with being gay . however , if you are a gay man and you a married to a woman , but think that it is okay for you to cheat on her with men because of your sexuality , then you are wrong and i will judge you a whole lot ~

(i understand that some people who are gay do marry people of the opposite sex for whatever reason , but your actions (choosing to disrespect and betray your spouse because of your sexual desires) is not okay)

megumidesu Wrote:for another example , obviously there is nothing at all wrong with being gay . however , if you are a gay man and you a married to a woman , but think that it is okay for you to cheat on her with men because of your sexuality , then you are wrong and i will judge you a whole lot ~

(i understand that some people who are gay do marry people of the opposite sex for whatever reason , but your actions (choosing to disrespect and betray your spouse because of your sexual desires) is not okay)

Agreed 1000000000%

I think Sexuality, generally speaking, is hard-wired into our brain and cannot be changed. I laugh whenever someone claims that being gay is a choice.. because as soon as I ask them if they could just one day turn gay.. and ACTUALLY have an attraction to the same gender..they run out of answers. So yeah, I completely agree with you.

Tyrion Wrote:I think Sexuality, generally speaking, is hard-wired into our brain and cannot be changed. I laugh whenever someone claims that being gay is a choice.. because as soon as I ask them if they could just one day turn gay.. and ACTUALLY have an attraction to the same gender..they run out of answers. So yeah, I completely agree with you.

IKR?! It's so frustrating when I hear someone say that.

This didn't turn out to be much of a debate :c Stop agreeing everyone! Or, no, wait. Don't stop Smile