Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very bad Flu.
I have spent the past two weeks being very, very sick with what is, in my opinion, now the worst flu I have ever had. My fever spiked 40C (104F) a couple three times, I had really bad chills, weak as a kitten, very achy limbs and joints. Along with severe sinus congestion and moderate lung congestion. I slept something like 16 hours straight through, got up for an hour or two, then went and slept another 16 hours. If you have migraines then you know what to expect from the head ache, if you never had a migraine then let me tell you will be enjoying the worst headache you have ever had complete with light and noise sensitivity.

If you are in a high risk group for complications and you haven't gotten a flu shot yet - do it now. Like today. Even if you are not at high risk you may want to seriously consider getting the shot/jab for this one.

The MSN and CNN websites are saying this flu season is getting worse, going from bad to worse.

If you are prone to pneumonia or lung infections after a cold/flu, be prepared to deal with a secondary infection.

I would suggest stocking up now on Cold and Flu remedies/treatments. Most OTC products treat the symptoms and make you feel better, they do not give you a free pass to go around spreading the virus - so stay in bed, stay at home until the bug finishes vandalizing your body.

Get Well Soon Hunni!! Cat3

I just knew it was your thread even before I clicked on it Sad

I hope you are feeling a bit better already. Thanks for thinking about others even at times when you are sick.

Get well soon.

But I NEVER get flu shots.

Those damn vaccinations are just making the bugs even stronger.

JMHO.

Get well soon!

Yikes that sounds wretched. Hope you get well soon!

I do hope you feel better soon. I don't get the flu shot but, I do have OTC supplies on hand and, will go get Tamiflu from the doctor, if I actually get the flue this year.

I'm not around people a lot but, my luck one of my drivers will need to see me in person, or leave the virus in the truck and, I'll get it that way. Rolleyes

I hope you feel better soon. Herz

Best wishes Bowyn

Those who are in high risk groups for catching the flu should also make sure to take necessary precautions even after you have been vaccinated.

Other viruses can mutate very quickly, and the vaccines only cover certain strains of the influenza virus.

IMO, especially in densely populated areas, be very careful. It is really important to stay away from places where there tend to be a lot of sick people if you are immunosuppressed, elderly, etc.

Many patients don't realize this because they aren't told when they are vaccinated, but the flu shot doesn't work immediately. It takes two weeks for your body to develop immunity to the flu.

Often people get a flu shot and think they can't get sick. :-( People that have the flu can also develop secondary infections, like the op said, but many of those secondary infections are also contagious, and sometimes are nastier strains than the original because of the incubation environment, so beware of the very generic "flu-like illness" as well.

So sorry to hear that you got so sick. Feel better soon! Smile