Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should you be single first ?
So if you are in a straight relationship but you have some curiosity about your sexuality should you be single before you try to explore it. This is assuming that you and partner have discussed your curiosity.

I believe you should, unless you've spoken with your partner about it and they are okay with you exploring your curiosity.

Straight or gay, breaking the monogamy of a relationship is never okay.

It all depends on the Person/Couple.
As if you were to do this without your partner knowing and or agreeing to such activities then that's called cheating regardless of the intentions.
Now on the other hand if both you and your partner agree to such activities then props to you for being able to sit down and have an adult conversation about how your sexuality is tarting to express itself.
Either way this is something your going to have to decide on, we as an internet forum can only provide advice as in the end it is your actions that will decide on what happens/occurs.
Best of luck. X

That is up to you and your partner to agree on. If he is okay with you exploring it, then I don't see a problem but, if not, don't do it behind his back.

Yeah we have definitely talked about and he is cool with me exploring and by that I mean he is comfortable with me exploring friendships that I might have an interest in taking to a physical level but we are not talking about an open relationship and I for sure have no interest in cheating. For one thing I don't want to cheat on him because I love him and I also don't want to be cheated on. And I am a huge advocate for honesty in relationships which you cannot have if you are cheating. That type of thing is just way to much of a hassle. He has told me that he is comfortable with me doing something like kissing a girl to see if that is a direction I want to go. The trouble is I can't seem to find other women that are just interested in experimenting. And I understand that nobody wants to be an experiment , I just wish I could find some other women who are sord of where I am on the curiosity thing

Picsawashburn Wrote:Yeah we have definitely talked about and he is cool with me exploring and by that I mean he is comfortable with me exploring friendships that I might have an interest in taking to a physical level but we are not talking about an open relationship and I for sure have no interest in cheating. For one thing I don't want to cheat on him because I love him and I also don't want to be cheated on. And I am a huge advocate for honesty in relationships which you cannot have if you are cheating. That type of thing is just way to much of a hassle. He has told me that he is comfortable with me doing something like kissing a girl to see if that is a direction I want to go. The trouble is I can't seem to find other women that are just interested in experimenting. And I understand that nobody wants to be an experiment , I just wish I could find some other women who are sord of where I am on the curiosity thing

DO NOT RECOMMEND

If you are just looking for a wavelength, turning it into an experimental hook-up sounds like a recipe for two people to have opposing experiences, and then you don't have a "control" for your experimentation.

Hmmm so it's looking like the polls are saying if you are curious you need to be single while you figure it out. It makes sense

I am new to communicating through online forums. What does it mean for someone to post your quote this way? I am trying to talk to people about my feelings and try get some help with some difficult decisions so I don't hurt anyone or myself. After seeing that someone reposted what I said with a Do Not ate commend sign under it makes me a little fearful to say anything else.

Do Not Recommend is what I meant to type

[quote=Picsawashburn]Hmmm so it's looking like the polls are saying you just need to be honest with all parties involved about what is going on.