Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More shooting in the US
shooting at Lone Star College in Houston

No one dead, 2 students hurt. Alleged gun man wounded too, captured
A directed assault or random shooting?

Go gun control.

I find it odd that all these shootings are now taking place.

I don't know, these shootings just don't feel right to me. There is something else going on here that I can't quite put my finger on.

If it's the one I think you're talking about. (should really do the research) I heard he specifically aimed to harm a certain student(s). The teach supposedly sprang in to action and talked him into putting the gun down. He supposedly said that he didn't want to harm the teacher before putting the gun down.

Am I talking about the same thing? from that story I head only two people got harmed as well.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:I find it odd that all these shootings are now taking place.

a lot of the time , when a school shooting happens and is made huge news everywhere , you get a lot of "copycat" type situations happening ...

If these threads keep popping up I'll start adding threads on genocides that happened after gun control as well as a bunch of threads of people who defended themselves (likely saving their lives) with a gun just for balance. And if you respond with the discredited study that shows you're more likely to be killed by a gun than protected by one then I'll go back and show they came up with that ending by ONLY counting where someone died, and as anyone with any sense knows (that is, THINKS rather than gets their ideas from movies or is intentionally being deceptive) criminals are most likely to kill than someone who uses it for self-defense (as in most cases the defenders don't even fire it, and when they do the police & ambulance are already on the way, and the point of the defender is to stop the attack not rob, kill, and/or get away with it after). I may also look up the old info on how violent crime went up in many places after gun control (I'm aware of the rebuttals, but they depend on one key, and irrelevant to me, conceit: that only guns done with a crime count, and that those crimes that had been stopped with a gun before don't) as well as compare how the most violent places in the US tend to be those with the most gun control. And if these threads then take on more emotionalism to overcome the balance then I can throw in all the emotional histrionics if I have to as well.

Seriously, it doesn't "only count" when you want it to.

Time to put the guns away and understand they are not toys... Its like cars but no one goes round mowingh down pedestrians... I hope the US starts taking control of out of control guns and works together as a nation to realise there is more to life than a gun

The ONLY gun control is NO GUNS PRODUCED!

As long as weapons are made, you can have all the "lawd" and "restrictions" you want....but its all wasted effort unless there are NO guns to be had, anywhere.

Doesnt matter what kind of weapon is used, people will still used something to kill other people.

although i agree with u mr people need to be educated... Shown live horror images maybe see a corpse of someone whos been shot or even a tape of a family torn apart by loosing a loved one....

zeon Wrote:although i agree with u mr people need to be educated... Shown live horror images maybe see a corpse of someone whos been shot or even a tape of a family torn apart by loosing a loved one....

that won't always work ~
some people lack the empathy to be affected by those things ...

which is why i think more focus needs to be put into improving mental health care ...

Less Money on producing guns. More Money on producing research into getting us colonies in outer space! Our time and money could be spent on soo much better things >.<