Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work related pressures
Well as the title suggests, I am feeling work related pressure. Finally taken control of three classes of kids till june, all the marking, the pressure of hotting targets. Welcome to the real world!

So what is everyone elses work pressure?

im same in newcastle. i mite lose my job if the cafy close.i am so sad. it is sress but i like it.

Mine are very similar to yours, exam papers, test papers, preparations and at the moment some extra classes to teach... All take their toll on your daily energy.

They are cutting hours left and right at my job and my co workers are starting to get ancy. My hours have barely been touched but I'm not in charge of scheduling. I love my co workers- but i dont want them to hate me because im taking over. Sad. regardless still I can't do it all by myself either. Idk how this is going to go down in the end.

as for MRK2012- Are you a teacher???? You can use some freeware programs to keep your life and time in order. The most important thing in teaching to to keep everything organized!

I have a few things in the works which aren't all in the same job. So my working pressures is working out the time to do what and when, and how to squeeze in a social life at the same time. It'll get a lot more stressful near the end, but hopefully I'll do well and it'll all be worth it.

I hope your work pressures become less pressuring and more fun. Work should always be fun.

princealbertofb Wrote:Mine are very similar to yours, exam papers, test papers, preparations and at the moment some extra classes to teach... All take their toll on your daily energy.

I am quicker at lesson planning and stuff now, an hour per lesson. I've decided this year just make all my powerpoints and resources then i'll be sorted for years to come.

I not longer have a job - no work pressures here. :biggrin:

Actually, for oh 15 years I did what I loved to do (built things, fix things) so it wasn't a 'job' it was a love affair, thus no pressure to me.

What minor job related stresses I had I hung on the old box Elder tree at night as I came in the house, and picked them up on the way out to the truck. Its amazing how light those stresses got to carry.

The tree didn't fare well, it lost a major limb and had to be brought down. Uncertain if that was due to the stresses I hung on it or not. Wink

Oh just a few, hours of service, ever increasing fuel costs, excessive idle time, random drug tests, outrageous insurance, trying to keep breakdowns form happening on vehicles that drive an average of 4000 miles per week, getting drivers home for family events, Dr. appointments and the like, customers that want it yesterday when my trucks can't possibly be there before tomorrow and, the big one, one of the trucks getting hijacked.

Of course there is operating authority, taxes of all sorts, payroll, maintenance and overhead costs, Keeping the drivers legal to even be driving trucks, getting them to clean the trucks they drive.....

And I enjoy most of it, it is high stress but, it's the industry I know and enjoy being a part of. There is a certain amount of pride in knowing you are a part of an industry that, in 72 hours, could bring an entire nation to it's knees, if we all decided to stop doing what we do.

My worse one was as a mental health nurse , it near drove me insane.
We were not allowed to work more than four days in a row and in the same ward , I understand it completely but unfortunately it did nothing for the stress.

I go to work each day on a 300 000lt bomb.