Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NZ first MP: Ban Muslims from Flights
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl...d=10864924

>:-(

What a ridiculous man.

New Zealand First is just a ridiculous party, Winston Peters tried to partially defend this man by saying 'there's an element of truth' in Prosser's comments. Both refused to apologise

And I just saw on the news, he wrote this racist rubbish to vent his anger at having his knife confiscated from him at an airport!

I have never seen such a ridiculous kiwi, no less a member of parliament before.

He's actually even gone and offended Indonesia's ambassador to New Zealand. Brilliant.

I'm too busy to list all the things wrong with this whole things. If I were to make a list, I'd have enough bullet points to win a war.

They remind of UKIP, but with more nationalism.
Dandy...

It's not exactly a surprising thing to hear from a member of a nationalist party.(unfortunately)

How repulsive.

Why aren't the New Zealand political members banned from media?

he would fit right in in the U.S.
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Thats awful =(

oh brilliant this stupid man's comments have apparently gone global.

He's an embarrassment to the country.

Oh my goodness this is so sad :-( Who would do such a thing :-( as if they're not people just like everyone else.

I'm curious what this is about:

Quote:In 2011, he called for the burqa to be banned, while he also wanted bank tellers, dairy owners and taxi drivers to be armed.

First, did he want burqas banned to stop Muslim women from stealing or being suicide bombers or did he think he was doing them a favor by preventing patriarchs from mandating them?

And why arm those people? A friend I used to correspond with in NZ said even most cops weren't armed because it was simply unnecessary and explained some really civil encounters between her (while she was out obviously stoned among other things) and NZ cops that showed a laid back attitude whereas a similar encounter in the "Land of the Free" would've gotten her tased & imprisoned. This was over 10 years ago so my memory is vague but I believe she said the only shotguns got carried in patrol cars with no more thought than a fire extinguisher and more in case of having to deal with dangerous animals or vermin than people (that is, typical rural use rather than law enforcement). So that sounds like a very radical notion for NZ. Was there a lot of violence against these 3 professions?

And finally, wouldn't arming taxi drivers be arming many immigrants, including Muslims? (In plenty of US & Canadian cities it would, and I recall an Iranian who shared in her autobiography that her mom thought of them all leaving Iran after the revolution but her father dismissed that idea with, "So you can be a maid and I can drive a taxi?") If so, did he seem aware of that?

And also, I bet he doesn't even know what a burqa is. A burqa is an Afghan piece of clothing that has a mesh hiding the eyes. He's probably thinking of the niqab which is more common.

Nothing he says is actually being taken seriously, but I'm just so frustrated at how he is an MP. He deserves no less than to lose his job.

@Pix, yes usually NZ police are quite laid back.

Another point. There has virtually been no terrorism in New Zealand. The most significant case was when the French Government bombed the rainbow warrior and killed a Portuguese journalist.

His comments have actually zero backing to support them.