Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Undecided.
Okay, So I need a new phone and I cant decide between the Galaxy SIII or the iPhone 5. which one would you choose and why? I would like as many opinions as possible!! thanks XD

If it has to be between those 2 I would go for iPhone - just for security reason alone.

what you mean by security? thanks for your opinion!!! do you recommend any other phones besides those?

Have heard that android app store got some malware infected apps.

I have Windows Phone 8 and I like it.

Oh yea I heard that too hehe, I'll check out Windows Phone 8

I own an iPhone and I love it. But the Galaxy is probably the better buy. I got hooked on iPhones at the beginning when Android operating systems were clunkier. In recent years, they have really picked up the PACE, especially Samsung. Apple loses more ground daily. Here's a trusted review site that makes the side-by-side comparison. I agree with this review: http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/i...-galaxy-s3
Good luck!

I also have an iPhone and I really love it. I haven't used other smart phones before though...oh execpt the Sony Xperia which my friend let me explore lol. I liked the Xperia but I totally prefer my iPhone xDDDD

i have other mac products and so the iPhone is just another excess.
I have computer skills but like Apple products because I dont have to dork with them so much. I like tweaking them into a very nice personal setup . Apple products are nice because you come close to commercial run times with lower cost and lower power consumption.

i have a macBook lap top that is 7 years old but Apple seems to have quality issues with their iPhones:
-initial release of the 3gs the battery over heated, difficult to replace the battery.
-the 4g and 4gs has a fragile glass front that always broke and the antenna was in the wrong spot

I have dropped my iPhone 5g, several times where the glass didnt break, its much lighter and the battery life is respectable. No antenna issues. Otherwise the iPhone 5 has no big technical advancement. All this comes after Apple suspended the scheduled release of any new iPhone design, shuffled around a lot of management and held off release for about a year. In holding off release of new product Apple has gotten behind the cell phone feature curve and allowed google to gain momentum. I expect the google platform to burn out an implode just as the Apple ios platform is doing. Anyways my take on it. Both are solid products. I would stay away from the Microsoft phone because I love and respect myself.

iPhone 5 bad (I have no experience with other cell phones):
-The iPhone has limited gps experience, MapQuest (functional and free) TomTom (a little better and expensive). I mostly use the gps voice prompts when driving and MapQuest has worked well. I am a city mouse in rush hour and dont have but 9 seconds to glance at the screen. Nice to listen to gayradio.com and have the gps prompts in the background. I found some fantastic noise canceling ear buds.
-the app store is nice and updates are seamless but if you buy another iPhone only 60% of your apps will transfer no matter how you backup. Expensive apps like the TomTom navigation ($30.00) get lost in the shuffle and you have to re buy them.
-the further you can distance your self from iTunes the better off is your life. There are few music options for Apple products but i have been having good luck with Tonido, a personal home based server cloud thingy (free application).
-the iPhone has VPN built in. An established internet protocol that forms an encrypted tunnel to say your home server. Use it if I am at work or feeling insecure at a coffee shop. Just another level of security. VPN is difficult to setup.
-tethering is not free and expensive on the iPhone
-Apple changed the iPhone power connector. Knowing their cell phone division low dedication to quality, this is something they could phuck up. I am seeing corrosion on the connector and expect it to go bad.
-while driving the iPhone screens, voice commands and human interface seems clunky. I have no experience with other cell phones tho.

hope this help(s).

Galaxy SIII. I would not even consider an iPhone. The technology is not as good these days.

I have an iPhone 5 and think it is awesome, mainly due to the fact that it is user friendly.