Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smoking...
Okay, so, i'm quiting smoking, after being a smoker for 8 years, 20 smokes a day...

And... its REALLY REALLY difficult !! its only 8:30 am here and i'm already chewing through my desk !! !!

Any tips on quiting ?? anyone ever succeeded ?

Sorry, can't help you here since I've never tried it, but since you posted two hours ago with no response yet I thought I would offer congratulations and best wishes.

I hope you feel better (and richer) soon.

All the best

marshlander Wrote:Sorry, can't help you here since I've never tried it, but since you posted two hours ago with no response yet I thought I would offer congratulations and best wishes.

I hope you feel better (and richer) soon.

All the best

Hehehe, thanks babe.
seems like its a bit sloooowww here today.....Cool

Hey at least you're quitting while you're ahead.Lung cancer is just not cool man.If you don't mind me asking,what made you decide to quit?Oh and good luck for the rest of the day!

Dan1089 Wrote:Hey at least you're quitting while you're ahead.Lung cancer is just not cool man.If you don't mind me asking,what made you decide to quit?Oh and good luck for the rest of the day!

Well, decided to quit because its becoming really expensive and there are things that I can't do / get 100% into, because I smoke.

So, all and all it would be best to quit.
Only problem is that i love smoking !!
i dont want to quit !!

so, this thing is becoming very difficult !

Hey good luck with that!!!

I have quited for 5 months before. It went well, after the 2 weeks i didnt had any major cravings i couldnt handle. When i start quiting i was still liking smoking, didnt find it to be a bad habit as other people. I was quiting because of some people pressuring me to do it. I started it again when i didnt give a a damn whether is going to cause me lung cancer , heart attack , asthma ect. Even though i didnt quit i have now reduced on how much i smoke, i smoke socially and wont go more than 8-10 ciggies a day which was an achievement.

The secret to quit IMO is to educate your self of the consequences of smoking AND dont stop caring about yourself and your health. You need to make this a priority.
Also When you quit try to fill the time you use to smoke with something else. Doing more exercise or going to the gym more often can do the trick .

You might try CHEWING GUM rather than your DESK, Rowan. I'm so proud of you for that decision to quit... It will make your skin healthier looking too and your breath more pleasant etc... I don't know what possesses young people to smoke today. It's like breathing in all the pollution of a city each time you inhale. Yuck!! Best of luck on the severance / weaning.

hehehe.... you say the nicest things, albert !
LoL

Rowan Wrote:hehehe.... you say the nicest things, albert !
LoL

I have your beauty at Herz Rowan. LOL. Wink

Sorry to open this old thread. Just wondering how you got on and if you've go any tips Rowan? I'm trying at the moment and its HARD! I think back and find it hard to remember not smoking, it's just part of my every day life like eating, drinking and sleeping.
I don't want to use patches or nicotine gum as this is still feeding the addiction! I've tried a book that loads of people in England rave about, but just found it REALLY patronising.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.